Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95
Author Message
 Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95

Quote:

>I have been using delphi 1.0 under Windows 3.1 for about 6 months now, but
>I am now considering upgrading my machine to Windows 95.  I want to keep
>using Delphi 1.0 for awhile because I am in the middle of a project with
>it.  Has anyone had any problems with using Delphi 1.0 while using Windows
>95?  If so, please let me know.  If there are problems, I won't upgrade
>until the project is finished, and then probably purchase Delphi 2.0 also.

I've been using the two of them together for several months with no
problems. Except that Delphi 1.0 doesn't support long file names of
course.

Quote:
>Thanks,  Tom Acree

>--

>Bowling Green State University | WWW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~tacree/
>Bowling Green, Ohio            | Phone: (419) 372-8579
>Office: Administration 513

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 29 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95

I've been using Delphi with Win 95 since the Win 95 preview, almost a
year ago. No problems with compatibility at all. I didn't notice any
difference in Delphi's reliability.

My personal experience is that Win 95 is less stable than 3.11 whatever
I'm running.

Plexus Systems Ltd.                             Reading, Berkshire, UK

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95
Hi,

The only problem I have had concerns the ODBC drivers.  I don't know if
this applies in general, but the 16-bits ODBC drivers just didn't work
right on my system.  I couldn't create databases and got error messages
like "Failed expression service".  I tried reinstalling the drivers, but
that didn't work.

Please double check this problem, maybe it's just my system which is
suffering from this problem.

Regards,
Espen

Sun, 30 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Using Delphi 1.0 under Windows 95
Yes, it works...no problem.  But, We just switched to D2 and it really solves
alot of problems we had with D1, such as letting you use queries as your lookup
tables for DBCombolookups..

Kelly

Tue, 01 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Interbase 1.0 error inserting more than 1650 tubles in tables using Windows 95

2. Delphi 1.0 + long filename in windows 95

3. Problem using Delphi 1.0 with SQLAnywhere 5.5 for Windows

4. InterBase : Using Interbase on a Windows 95 network

5. Using Turbo Pascal version 5.5 in Windows 95

6. using internet sockets under windows 95

7. Using a window like the Windows 95 taskbar

8. BIOS calls under windows 95 using BP7

9. How to connect to Personal Oracle 95 with Delphi C/S 1.0

10. Trying Connect Delphi 1.0 With Personal Oracle Win 95

11. Delphi 1.0 and Win 95 Dial up Networking

12. Delphi, Banyan, Windows 95, and MS SQL Server 6.0