D2: Locate won't work on multiple columns
Author Message
 D2: Locate won't work on multiple columns

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D2: Locate won't work on multiple columns

Check to see if all those fields are indexed.  I believe that LOCATE works
for INDEXED fields only even though Borland states the following in the
help file...

<begin quote>
Locate uses the fastest possible method to locate a matching record; if the
dataset has an index on the specified fields that's compatible with
case-insensitive matching (if you specify that in Options), the index will
be used. Otherwise, Locate sets up a Borland Database Engine filter for
efficient searching.
<end quote>

I have used multiple fields with a locate statement before and never had
problems when those fields were indexed, however I have encountered similar
problems as you have when one or more of those fields were not indexed.

Quote:
> Fellow Delphi users:

> I am trying to use the Locate statement on multiple columns, and it
always
> returns "false".  But it works on one column at a time.  I am using
> Delphi 2.0 Developer, with an Oracle 7.0 database.  Am I doing something
> wrong, or is this a real bug?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TQuery's locate method doesn't work properly

2. D2/MSSQL Auto-increment (identity columns) not working

3. Help getting Interbase to work on a web server (D2 Dev/Win NT 3.51/IIS 3.0)

4. Confirmed D2 bug: cached updates don't work for master/detail - here's why

5. Locate, and filter don't work on keyfields / autoincrement

6. DBGrid Columns won't hide

7. can multiple Interbase GDB's work together?

8. DBGrid won't work right

9. Turbo Pascal for Windows doesn't quite work w/ Win 95

10. Search won't work - Why? #2

11. Search won't work - why?

12. HELP! Help won't work