SQLClientDataSet.ApplayUpdates causes ORA-01722
Author Message
 SQLClientDataSet.ApplayUpdates causes ORA-01722

Hi,

im trying to use a SQLCLientDataSet to edit some data of a simple
oracle-table. I use a SQLConnection of type "Oracle" to connect to the
database. So far so good.

I use a DBGrid to display and edit the table-data. But each time i use
the ApplyUpdate-method i'll get back an ORA-01722: "invalid number"
And there's only one numeric column in the table. And even if i don't
edit the value of this column i'll get that error.

Anybody has a hint for me.

Regards
Dirk Mika

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:15:48 GMT
 SQLClientDataSet.ApplayUpdates causes ORA-01722

Quote:

> I use a DBGrid to display and edit the table-data. But each time i use
> the ApplyUpdate-method i'll get back an ORA-01722: "invalid number"
> And there's only one numeric column in the table. And even if i don't
> edit the value of this column i'll get that error.

I've asked near the same question in this forum and there were no
response so I had to repeat it in forum.comp.databases.oracle - you
may look it there.
The essence - your Oracle client settings are set to another decimal
separator then "." and as my experiment had shown that NLS_LANG
registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0 (or which -
1,2, etc) must be set to a language where decimal separator is "."

Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:22:21 GMT
 SQLClientDataSet.ApplayUpdates causes ORA-01722

> I've asked near the same question in this forum and there were no
> response so I had to repeat it in forum.comp.databases.oracle - you
> may look it there.
> The essence - your Oracle client settings are set to another decimal
> separator then "." and as my experiment had shown that NLS_LANG
> registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0 (or which -
> 1,2, etc) must be set to a language where decimal separator is "."

Many thank's. I will check that soon.

Regards
Dirk Mika

Tue, 20 Apr 2004 15:33:06 GMT
 SQLClientDataSet.ApplayUpdates causes ORA-01722

>> I've asked near the same question in this forum and there were no
>> response so I had to repeat it in forum.comp.databases.oracle - you
>> may look it there.
>> The essence - your Oracle client settings are set to another decimal
>> separator then "." and as my experiment had shown that NLS_LANG
>> registry key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\HOME0 (or which -
>> 1,2, etc) must be set to a language where decimal separator is "."

> Many thank's. I will check that soon.

problem solved. I did a "alter session set NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTER ='.,'"
right after connection to the db. I wonder if it depends on the DB's
character set?

Regards
Dirk Mika

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 16:46:23 GMT

1. BDE 3.5 + SQL-Links 3.0 causes ORA-01722 ERROR DU PARSING THE PARAMETERS

2. Oracle Errors ORA-03113 and ORA-01041

3. ORA-01000 maximum open cursors exceeded - Delphi - Oracle

4. ORA-01410 invalid ROWID

5. ORA-1722 Invalid number when inserting a value

6. ORA-03114 when ateempting to view from DB desktop

7. Connecting Delphi2.0 to Ora.1 Without ODBC

8. Request live query gives ORA-00904: invalid column name

9. Ora-600 with DELPHI

10. ORA-01410 on Delphi

11. oracle 8: ORA-01410 invalid rowid

12. Ora 7.3 -Yes -- PO 7.3 NO!