Crystal Reports - Window formatting?
Author Message
 Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

Hi all,
   I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something like
that?

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

Sincerely,
Mike Low

Tue, 22 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

Although I haven't looked at the UCRPE component in awhile, I do believe it
has a left and top property.  You could use those to position the window
where you want it.  I also believe the sample code that comes with the
UCRPE has examples on controlling the window and even using it as a midi
form.

Jay B.

Man's mind stretched to a new idea
never goes back to its orginal dimension.
      ==Oliver Wendell Holmes==

> Hi all,
>    I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
> the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
> and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

> Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something like
> that?

> Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

> Sincerely,
> Mike Low

Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

Quote:

> Hi all,
>    I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
> the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
> and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

> Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something like
> that?

> Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

> Sincerely,
> Mike Low

I had the same problem as you but found out about the WindowParentHandle property.
You can use it to direct output from CR to your own form. Something like this for
a MDI child form (TCrystalReportForm) with a TCpre component:

procedure <MainForm>.ShowReport;
var
  CF : TCrystalReportForm;
begin
  CF := TCrystalReportForm.Create(Self);
  Screen.Cursor := crHourGlass;

  try
    CF.Crpe.ReportName := <report datapath>
    CF.Crpe.WindowParentHandle := CF.Handle;
    CF.Crpe.Execute;
  finally
    Screen.Cursor := crDefault;
  end;
end;

Worked for me...

Christer

Fri, 25 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Crystal Reports - Window formatting?

I missed this original message, but the Crystal 5 component has an
undocumented (in the shipping help, I think it is mentioned in the readme
though) property called WindowParent (I think).  When you set this handle,
the Crystal window will draw on the window handle you provided...

--
David S. Becker
ADP Dealer Services (Plaza R&D)

(503)402-3236

Quote:

> > Hi all,
> >    I have used Crystal Reports 4.5 and 5.0 and whenever I call it using
> > the UCRPE component, it pops up its own window, where ever it wants it,
> > and at the size it wants.  I can't seem to control these parameters.

> > Is there any way to tell Crystal to pop-up in a TPanel or something
like
> > that?

> > Thanks in advance guys (and gals)!

Sat, 26 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Editing Crystal reports without Crystal Reports

2. Tip: How to put a Crystal Reports preview-window on the Window pulldown

3. Crystal Report, Quick Report - where to get ?

4. Delphi 2.0 and Crystal Reports Version 5 (Regarding Sub-reports)

5. Crystal Reports!

6. Crystal and distributing reports

7. Crystal Reports and Delphi

8. Crystal Report from Delphi 4.0

9. TMemo and Crystal Reports

10. D4 and crystal reports and ODBC???

11. Deploying Crystal report with a dictionary?

12. Crystal Reports