Q: Making BDE thread-safe...How?
Author Message
 Q: Making BDE thread-safe...How?

Can anyone explain how to create thread-safe BDE code?  What do I need
to consider and be aware of?

Thanks.
--
Bruce Goldstein
Software Engineer

Tue, 16 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Making BDE thread-safe...How?

You have to create a new instance of a form with a TDatabase, TQuery and
TSession on it and assign the TQuery a unique session name for each thread. The
Delphi Developers Guide 2 (starting page 549) has a section on setting up
multi-threaded database acces.

Quote:

> Can anyone explain how to create thread-safe BDE code?  What do I need
> to consider and be aware of?

> Thanks.
> --
> Bruce Goldstein
> Software Engineer
> Interactive Strategies, Inc.

Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Making BDE thread-safe...How?

On Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:34:49 -0700, "Bruce C. Goldstein"

Quote:

>Can anyone explain how to create thread-safe BDE code?  What do I need
>to consider and be aware of?

>Thanks.
>--
>Bruce Goldstein
>Software Engineer
>Interactive Strategies, Inc.

The main thing to be aware of is Sessions. A thread accessing the
database needs to be in a seperate session from the main thread.

Steve.

Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Q: Making BDE thread-safe...How?

Quote:

> Can anyone explain how to create thread-safe BDE code?  What do I need
> to consider and be aware of?

        Please read the README and other documents that came from Delphi
2.0. But if my memory is not failing, TQuery and TTable are thread-safe
provided that you have your own TSession defined in your threads (I read
it from the README and have not proved it myself)

Francisco Leong

Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Thread Safe??

2. Thread Safe Pooled Database connections

3. Thread-safe tQuery

4. Thread-safe queries

5. WANTED: Thread Safe, No-DLL Database

6. Is BDE _long file-name_ SAFE?

7. Is BDE long file-name SAFE?

8. Is Paradox BDE safe for multiuser access?

9. qs?.mb files and lost data

10. Database link'n'joining Qs

11. D3/BDE multi-threaded apps : Anyone done it ?

12. Threaded Oracle Query with BDE 5.0