DBF DBF DBF
Author Message
 DBF DBF DBF

i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
but without BDE

any sugestion, or some URL???????
--

_________________________________
[ raska ]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBF DBF DBF
Why would you repost your message?  The old one is still visible and you
replied to my reply.

Paul / ColumbuSoft
www.columbusoft.com

Quote:

> i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
> but without BDE

> any sugestion, or some URL???????
> --

> _________________________________
> [ raska ]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBF DBF DBF

says...

Quote:
> i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
> but without BDE

If you need database but DBF format is not a must You could try
TClientDataSet component provided with Delphi. It may do the job.

Pedja

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBF DBF DBF
There are some 3-party dbf database engines :

1. Topaz (??)
2. Halycon (??)
3. Codebase (www.codebase.com)
4. Advantage

The first 2 compile directly into your exe file, so
jou don't have to distribute anything (cost 100$).
The third has one dll (ca. 400kb) which you have to distribute,
it also can do client-server (cost 400$).
The fourth, I don't know.
I don't know the url's for the first 2, but I know that
they all have a website, so just use a search egine.

Greetings

Rob Segerink

Quote:

>says...

>> i need component for delphi5 to work with DBF files [with memo fields]
>> but without BDE

>If you need database but DBF format is not a must You could try
>TClientDataSet component provided with Delphi. It may do the job.

>Pedja

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 DBF DBF DBF

 www.grifsolu.com, or more options in Kyle Cordes's Software Site - BDE
Alternatives Guide

Quote:

--
Jacint Figueras.
Independent Consultor & Developer.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Converting DOS Clipper DBF's to Windows DBF's

2. Do DBF files have to be named *.DBF ?

3. Append From TXT--> DBF Copy DBF--> TXT

4. handling dbf files without .dbf extension. How?

5. manual retrive dbf data

6. SQL code for creating a DBF format table

7. can't read/write dbf fields with 10 decimals

8. DBF files

9. notify change in dbf-file (peer-to-peer)

10. DBF -> MS SQL Database Server

11. Problem DBF

12. Importing data to .dbf file