Access to C-ISAM data from delphi ?
Author Message
 Access to C-ISAM data from delphi ?

Has anybody a possible solution for reading C-ISAM data on a UNIX
machine?
Is there perhaps an ODBC driver available for this purpose.
I don't need write access to the C-ISAM data.
The possibility of reading the data is enough.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Access to C-ISAM data from delphi ?

Quote:

>Has anybody a possible solution for reading C-ISAM data on a UNIX
>machine?
>Is there perhaps an ODBC driver available for this purpose.
>I don't need write access to the C-ISAM data.
>The possibility of reading the data is enough.

Henk,

        There are two ways you could proceed. By the way my company is
doing exactly what you need. We have a Unix server (AIX4.2) running
C-ISAM and a proprietary shell simulating the Alpha-Micro(archiac but
there it is).

        The first method is to download a freeware copy of 'Samba' for
the UNIX environment. It is available through the GNU foundation. It
is only source code so you must have a straight C compiler. Setting up
compiler options is fairly easy, there are a great deal of help files
included. Once Samba is configured and running you can access the data
in any program in it's binary format.  Make sure you add an extra byte
for each record when you read them in. You of course cannot add to the
data files, as the indexes would be corrupted and locking between a
UNIX box and a PC is non-existant.

        The second option, is to buy an ODBC driver for C-ISAM.
EasySoft in England has a very good product which they will gladly
give you a demo copy of. It is rather complicated to set up, but gives
you full ODBC 2.0 compliance. The price for say 5 users is about $5000
though (I believe).

                                        Good Luck,

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Reading C-ISAM Data with Borland Delphi

2. Accessing oracle sequences from Delphi 1.0 CS

3. Accessing Delphi (Paradox?) data using Microsoft Access 97

4. Accessing MS Access 97 data from Delphi 3

5. ISAM or ODBC driver for Attaching Paradox 5 tables to MS Access 2.0

6. Componenti delphi per C-Isam

7. ISAM Tables from Delphi

8. Data access through OLEDB for Delphi and C++ Builder

9. Delphi Access Data Bases

10. Delphi CS 1.02 to Sybase Help

11. Delphi CS, Oracle7.2 & SQLNetV2.2

12. Looking for DELPHI data access BENCHMARKS!