Please help on distributed database
Author Message
 Please help on distributed database

The size of the database is about 30MB in paradox format.
It is shared among 10 users with ethernet orginally.

Now a remote site with about 10 users connected needs to
access the database too. I set up at NT server at both ends
and use a single modem to connect two sites. I implemented it
by delphi 4 C/S with multi-tier.
I tried to use TClientDataSet in MIDAS with 100 packetrecords.
However, the performance is very bad since all queries from
the remote users need to pass through the modem.

Is there any solution that I can distribute the database easily? Also, do
I need to implement manually the recover procedure when the
data was modifed when the modem down?
or can I take advantage with the 'briefcase' feature?

Thank you very much.
Calvin

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. distributing db apps on CD - please help.

2. Distributing Access97-database with Delphi-program (LEGAL??)

3. Distributing Delphi Database Programs

4. Can database applications be distributed without BDE

5. How can I distribute my database application?

6. Please help with database?

7. Please help...database problem

8. Help please: non-BDE, non-ODBC database files

9. Unknown Database? yet it exists - help please

10. help needed with Database PLEASE :)

11. Lost database connection - Please Help !

12. Simple Delphi Database question - please HELP