Copy Protection in Delphi..
Author Message
 Copy Protection in Delphi..

Hi there,

Any can suggest me a better way to make copy protection for my ind application
which i have developed in delphi Pls.. Before I use like checking with
harddisks info or some filenames parameters anyother better way?????.

cheers..

--
    ### ###  ####
   #   # #    #         You Have To Be Somebody before  T.Sripathyraj

### #   # ####

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy Protection in Delphi..

Quote:

>Problem: Search a DBase Table (TTable) without first indexing it.
>BTW: How can I index it automatically?

go into the table properties after you've defined the table name.  make sure
the table is not active.  you should see where it says indexname and
indexfieldname.  if you pull down and dont see anything, that means the indexes
have not been defined.  go into bde and define them.  then go into the table's
properties and select the appropriate index name or index field name.  the
table will be sorted on this when it opens up.

i wrote a little procedure which lets the user select the index on which to
sort.  let me know if you need info on this.

yash

Quote:
>MAG, a ADB (Absolute Delphi Beginner)

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy Protection in Delphi..
Problem: Search a DBase Table (TTable) without first indexing it.

BTW: How can I index it automatically?

MAG, a ADB (Absolute Delphi Beginner)

Sat, 28 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Copy Protection in Delphi..

|  Any can suggest me a better way to make copy protection for my ind
application
|  which i have developed in Delphi Pls.. Before I use like checking with
|  harddisks info or some filenames parameters anyother better way?????.

Grab the money by the balls.
What I mean is, find something about the prospective site that involves money,
that is also not likely to change quickly, like a merchant number for a
Visa machine.
Then, encrypt it with a serial number.

The longer the key, the better. ESPECIALLY if it includes some info that
the prospective
client would rather NOT have made public, like their Visa card number. HeHeHe.

You might want to get some legal advice before doing something THAT {*filter*}.

Aloha from Vancouver, BC!

--
E ola mau ka `olelo Hawai`i!

Vote YES for Soc.Culture.Hawaii (Moderated)!
Strike a blow AGAINST Net-Terrorism!

Michael J. Wise
Vancouver, BC Canada
PGP Fingerprint = [80 FA 44 6B - C8 86 C1 2B - 70 0D 71 DE - A9 0C 62 85]

Sun, 01 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Copy protection schemes

2. Help: Copy protection, how to??

3. COPY PROTECTION !

4. Software Protection For Delphi

5. HELP: database protection with MS-Access/Delphi

6. Copy Database from within Delphi

7. Delphi 1.0 C/S: how many copies sold?

8. how 2 rite the code to copy *.* in specify dir use delphi

9. # of Delphi copies sold?

10. Copy files from a: to c: in delphi!!

11. Copying Files Within Delphi

12. Copying a record in Delphi 1.0