D5/Std does not contain any DB support???
Author Message
 D5/Std does not contain any DB support???

I just looked at the featurelist of D5
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

It says that D5 does not contain any DB support.
Neither BDE nor any data-aware components.
Is this really true?

A bit surprised,
        Arne
--
remove '(nospam)' from my email address

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 D5/Std does not contain any DB support???
Yeouch! I just went and compared the features... STD version is little
more than "Turbo EDLIN - Now with Mouse Support!"

Translation Table:
STD    =  DemoWare
PRO    =  Standard
ENT    =  Professional

Call it Name Inflation...

Al

Quote:

> I just looked at the featurelist of D5
>         http://www.borland.com/delphi/productinfo/featurelist/database.html

> It says that D5 does not contain any DB support.
> Neither BDE nor any data-aware components.
> Is this really true?

> A bit surprised,
>         Arne
> --
> remove '(nospam)' from my email address

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. "capability not supported" w/MSAccess DB

2. Self-contained db + exe

3. Date value from DB doesn't contain century

4. Capability Not supported.....why not?

5. PDX db on network stopped after sp1 installed D5

6. D5/Sybase BLOB error w/TQuery but not TTable

7. Q. D5: circular data links are not allowed

8. db alias not showing up in db desktop

9. Problem with other db app preventing me from doing SQL selects thru ODBC

10. HELP : "Invalid Paramater", when doing Tquery.Open, seems to not release resources

11. Delphi *.hlp files still not done

12. Which DB's support replication?