Delphi 3 cant (won't?) DELETE records
Author Message
 Delphi 3 cant (won't?) DELETE records

I am trying to use MySQL ( Client Server SQL Database ) with delphi
C/S ver 3 without many problems, however after I added a 'simple'
form, called from the main forms menu to do maintenance of
name and address information.

The problem is, although I can create and enter NEW records , using a
TDBGrid display against the MySQL databse tables which are updates and
displayed correctly, whenever I attempt to use the DELETE ( from the
attached navigator bar, the following error message appears :

"Could'nt perform the edit because another user changed the record"

This is interesting because :
        1) the SAME user actually entered the record, just prior to
the attempted delete
        2) there is actually one ONE real user using the program (
although I suppose DELPHI 'might think' otherwise ! )

Any ideas welcome.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 3 cant (won't?) DELETE records

Quote:
> "Could'nt perform the edit because another user changed the record"

> This is interesting because :
> 1) the SAME user actually entered the record, just prior to
> the attempted delete

Yes but MySQL and Delphi don't know this.

Quote:
> 2) there is actually one ONE real user using the program (
> although I suppose DELPHI 'might think' otherwise ! )

> Any ideas welcome.

After you post a record, do a refresh.

Oliver

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Record Locks/Delphi 2.0/Win '95

2. 'Record/Key Deleted' Exception

3. D2: EDBEngineError: 'Record/key deleted'

4. IB won't delete my table!

5. PrivateDir won't delete

6. Why Delete Procedure Won't Work?

7. Why Delete Procedure Won't Work?

8. I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

9. I'm stuck and need advise - cannot fix Record/Key Deleted

10. Can't Delete a record!!

11. Detail Table Won't Insert New Record!?!?

12. DBASE: permanently deleting deleted records