NEWBIE Question File-Sharing interference
Author Message
 NEWBIE Question File-Sharing interference

Help!

I have an application which uses TTables, storing the data in Paradox
files.
I have a procedure to copy the data files to diskette
I set the [Exclusive] ptoperty to [True]
I [close] the tables.
I call my File Copy Procedure.
I get errors to the tune  of "Can't assess files" "File Sharing Violation"
 I get the distinct feeling that somehow, the files really aren't closed.
If I put a copy of the File Copy Procedure in another application that has
NO TTable components, it copies the files just fine.

I have SHARE.EXE /F:4096 /L:40 installed at delphi recommends.

Can anybody help??

Wed, 17 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 NEWBIE Question File-Sharing interference
Hi!

Quote:

> Help!

> I have an application which uses TTables, storing the data in Paradox
> files.
> I have a procedure to copy the data files to diskette
> I set the [Exclusive] ptoperty to [True]
> I [close] the tables.
> I call my File Copy Procedure.
> I get errors to the tune  of "Can't assess files" "File Sharing Violation"
>  I get the distinct feeling that somehow, the files really aren't closed.
> If I put a copy of the File Copy Procedure in another application that has
> NO TTable components, it copies the files just fine.

> I have SHARE.EXE /F:4096 /L:40 installed at Delphi recommends.

> Can anybody help??

If you have a TDatabase component in the program, setting the Connected property to False closes
all tables & quearies etc, & allows other access to them.

regards,

Sat, 20 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 NEWBIE Question File-Sharing interference
Thanks very much.

Sometimes simple answers get lost in all the clutter.

I appreciate your help.

Mon, 29 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question on shared dBase files !!!

2. newbie write to screen/file question

3. Newbie Question. [Searching a dBase File]

4. Newbie question - Corrupt DBF file

5. Copying files - Traping file sharing error

6. Copying files - Traping file sharing error

7. FollowUp: On Shared Database Files, ScanDisk, and FILEnnnn.CHK files

8. multiple DOS box 'interference'

9. Q: to SHARE or not to SHARE ?

10. Problem Sharing PARADOX tables via shared directory on server

11. TechTips: How do shared files work?

12. Help! Paradox file sharing error