HELP:Couldn't perform the edit because another user changed the record.
Author Message
 HELP:Couldn't perform the edit because another user changed the record.

We work in delphi 3.02 C/S; ORACLE 7.3.2 - 7.3.4; BDE 4.51 and 5.0.

Sometimes, during changing of database record, we receive message "Couldn't
perform the edit
because another user changed the record."
It would be normal if there really was another user or another application
that actualy changed
the record.
The same problem occurs whether we use 'TTable' or 'TQuery', or if we try
to change
the record in 'DataBase Desktop'.
Restarting the application or database doesn't help either.
When observed through 'SQL Monitor', after executing of 'UPDATE SQL'
there's a message:
"SQL Data in: ORACLE - Rows affected=0", although it would be normal that
value is actualy (=1).

Error occurs in at least two different cases:
        1. If value in some numeric field has more than 6 decimal places,
        2. If in some string field (VARCHAR2) there's some character (ASCII >
128),
           (and even that - only in some cases).(We think that the problem lies in
Language driver.)

We don't experience the error when we change from ('UpdateMode of Table' or
'TQuery') to
('UpWhereKey' or 'UpWhereChanged'), if we don't actualy change the value in
the very field that
causes the problem.

We are interested if someone has some other solution to the problem, or if
it's about 'bug',
or if we did something wrong, ...

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Couldn't perform the edit because another user changed the record

2. D1-Oracle-Tquery-Dbgrid edit gives 'couldnt perform edit cos another user changed record

3. Couldn't perform edit because another user......

4. Error:Couldnt perform the Edit..user changed record

5. Couldn't perform edit

6. Couldn't perform the edit...

7. BDE 5.01: Couldn't perform the edit because another user changed the record.

8. Help : ODBC - Delphi 1 -Access - Cannot edit record changed by another user-

9. Could not perform update because another user changed the record using SQL server

10. Couldn't perform ...

11. Help! Another user changed the record

12. BDECFG32 won't let user edit aliases?!?!