MS Access with Delphi
Author Message
 MS Access with Delphi

Are there any papers or books out there that deal specifically with using
delphi with MS Access?   I've been trying to connect to some ACCESS
databases with no success.  It wants passwords (which there aren't any) or
it says it's the wrong format.

Any quick tips out there????

Thanks in advance for you help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi

Quote:
> Are there any papers or books out there that deal specifically with using
> Delphi with MS Access?   I've been trying to connect to some ACCESS
> databases with no success.  It wants passwords (which there aren't any) or
> it says it's the wrong format.

> Any quick tips out there????

> Thanks in advance for you help.

Are you using the BDE?  If so, use a TDatabase component and set the
Loginprompt property to false.  That will eliminate the userid/password
dialog.  It'll take more information to tell what's going on with your other
error.  Which version of Delphi and the BDE are you using with which version
of Access?
Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878

Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
I've tried all that but when I try to set the Connected property to true I
get "unrecognized format" error.
I'm currently running Access 2000  and I've tried to convert it back down to
an earlier release to no avail.
If someone could post the few parameters listing for a typical Access DB and
a sequence of events I sure would appreciate it.

Delphi 5 Enterprise
Access 2000
Win 98 2nd

Regards,  Les Guyse

Quote:

> > Are there any papers or books out there that deal specifically with
using
> > Delphi with MS Access?   I've been trying to connect to some ACCESS
> > databases with no success.  It wants passwords (which there aren't any)
or
> > it says it's the wrong format.

> > Any quick tips out there????

> > Thanks in advance for you help.

> Are you using the BDE?  If so, use a TDatabase component and set the
> Loginprompt property to false.  That will eliminate the userid/password
> dialog.  It'll take more information to tell what's going on with your
other
> error.  Which version of Delphi and the BDE are you using with which
version
> of Access?
> --
> Ray Porter
> Applications Analyst Programmer
> Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> Phone: 966-5878

> Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

> "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
Hello !
I have exactly the same problems as you. I am using Delphi 3 and MS Acess
2000 on Windows NT 4.0. I have no success to connect with any access
Database. If you have some information about this problem, please tell me
also.

Regards
Thomas Hammerer

Quote:
> I've tried all that but when I try to set the Connected property to true I
> get "unrecognized format" error.
> I'm currently running Access 2000  and I've tried to convert it back down
> an earlier release to no avail.
> If someone could post the few parameters listing for a typical Access DB
and
> a sequence of events I sure would appreciate it.

> Delphi 5 Enterprise
> Access 2000
> Win 98 2nd

> Regards,  Les Guyse

> > > Are there any papers or books out there that deal specifically with
> using
> > > Delphi with MS Access?   I've been trying to connect to some ACCESS
> > > databases with no success.  It wants passwords (which there aren't
any)
> or
> > > it says it's the wrong format.

> > > Any quick tips out there????

> > > Thanks in advance for you help.

> > Are you using the BDE?  If so, use a TDatabase component and set the
> > Loginprompt property to false.  That will eliminate the userid/password
> > dialog.  It'll take more information to tell what's going on with your
> other
> > error.  Which version of Delphi and the BDE are you using with which
> version
> > of Access?
> > --
> > Ray Porter
> > Applications Analyst Programmer
> > Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> > Phone: 966-5878

> > Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

> > "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
> > for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
Is this an Access 2000 problem?
I can see Access 97 just fine with Delphi Pro 4 and BDE.

Eddie

Quote:
> Hello !
> I have exactly the same problems as you. I am using Delphi 3 and MS Acess
> 2000 on Windows NT 4.0. I have no success to connect with any access
> Database. If you have some information about this problem, please tell me
> also.

> Regards
> Thomas Hammerer

> > I've tried all that but when I try to set the Connected property to true
> > get "unrecognized format" error.
> > I'm currently running Access 2000  and I've tried to convert it back
down
> > an earlier release to no avail.
> > If someone could post the few parameters listing for a typical Access DB
> and
> > a sequence of events I sure would appreciate it.

> > Delphi 5 Enterprise
> > Access 2000
> > Win 98 2nd

> > Regards,  Les Guyse

> > using
> any)
> > or

> > > Are you using the BDE?  If so, use a TDatabase component and set the
> > > Loginprompt property to false.  That will eliminate the
userid/password
> > > dialog.  It'll take more information to tell what's going on with your
> > other
> > > error.  Which version of Delphi and the BDE are you using with which
> > version
> > > of Access?
> > > --
> > > ================================================
> > > Ray Porter
> > > Applications Analyst Programmer
> > > Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> > > Phone: 966-5878

> > > Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

> > > "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
> > > for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
Is this an Access 2000 problem? or lack of driver?
I can see Access 97 just fine with Delphi Pro 4 and BDE 5.1 (or via ADO).

I can expand on this if needed.

Eddie

Quote:
> Hello !
> I have exactly the same problems as you. I am using Delphi 3 and MS Acess
> 2000 on Windows NT 4.0. I have no success to connect with any access
> Database. If you have some information about this problem, please tell me
> also.

> Regards
> Thomas Hammerer

> > I've tried all that but when I try to set the Connected property to true
> > get "unrecognized format" error.
> > I'm currently running Access 2000  and I've tried to convert it back
down
> > an earlier release to no avail.
> > If someone could post the few parameters listing for a typical Access DB
> and
> > a sequence of events I sure would appreciate it.

> > Delphi 5 Enterprise
> > Access 2000
> > Win 98 2nd

> > Regards,  Les Guyse

> > using
> any)
> > or

> > > Are you using the BDE?  If so, use a TDatabase component and set the
> > > Loginprompt property to false.  That will eliminate the
userid/password
> > > dialog.  It'll take more information to tell what's going on with your
> > other
> > > error.  Which version of Delphi and the BDE are you using with which
> > version
> > > of Access?
> > > --
> > > ================================================
> > > Ray Porter
> > > Applications Analyst Programmer
> > > Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
> > > Phone: 966-5878

> > > Home Page: http://www.unc.edu/~dragon/

> > > "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
> > > for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
I guess that it's an Access 2000 problem. Have you tried using ADO to
connect / work with the database instead? This way you don't have to use the
BDE at all.

Cheers,

Andrew

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
Use ADO. It will connect reliably to Access 2.0 thru 2000, and it is very
fast. I do this all the time. If you don't have D5 Enterprise, or the ADO
Express pack for the Professional version, there is a very good third party
ADO control set from Timur Islamov (with and without source).

Quote:
> Are there any papers or books out there that deal specifically with using
> Delphi with MS Access?   I've been trying to connect to some ACCESS
> databases with no success.  It wants passwords (which there aren't any) or
> it says it's the wrong format.

> Any quick tips out there????

> Thanks in advance for you help.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 MS Access with Delphi
<snip>
Quote:
> Express pack for the Professional version, there is a very good third
party
> ADO control set from Timur Islamov (with and without source).

<snip>

I'd have to agree with that, but pay the extra for the source. It's worth
having
if only to help debug what's wrong with your (mis-)usage of it sometimes....
(or is that just me... :-))

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing MS-Access with delphi

2. MS Access and Delphi 5