Table name is "GROUP"
Author Message
 Table name is "GROUP"

I have a table named GROUP and I don't seem to read from it because it
is reserved word for SQL.  How can I go around this??

  select * from group

I can't rename it because it is not written by me.  I only want to
read from it.

Thanks

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Table name is "GROUP"
[This followup was posted to comp.lang.Pascal.delphi.databases and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

says...

Quote:

> I have a table named GROUP and I don't seem to read from it because it
> is reserved word for SQL.  How can I go around this??

What engine is serving this database?  If it is Access then you can
enclose the name in square braces:

  select * from [Group]

Other engines have similar escapes.  I think I'm right in saying that the
most common is quotation:

  select * from "Group"

Hope this helps.

--
Jolyon Smith
Neot Software Services Ltd.

http://www.neot.co.uk

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. The keys "-"/"+"/"*"

2. Problem with "group by" in query

3. HELP -- "Key group is locked" error

4. "Name Not Unique In This Context"

5. EDBEngineError "Invalid File Name"

6. "Invalid index/tag name."

7. Getting "long" file names

8. Finding "Server Name" from BDE Alias

9. ""256 Color Mouse""

10. ComboBox that shows "Name" and returns "Value"?

11. "At beginning of Table"

12. "Lost OF TABLE-Symbols"