Problems with UpdateSQL and Paradox db
Author Message
 Problems with UpdateSQL and Paradox db

Hi!

I have a problem with TUpdateSQL. I create TQuery, TDataSource and
TUpdateSQL objects.
Query is "select * from tablex order by fieldx". How can I update this
table?
query1.ApplyUpdates;
query1.CommitUpdates;
don't working. It returns BDE error "update failed".

Where is problem?

Normunds

Mon, 05 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with UpdateSQL and Paradox db
Do you have set the Query1.requetlive to true?

Normunds

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have a problem with TUpdateSQL. I create TQuery, TDataSource and
> TUpdateSQL objects.
> Query is "select * from tablex order by fieldx". How can I update this
> table?
> query1.ApplyUpdates;
> query1.CommitUpdates;
> don't working. It returns BDE error "update failed".

> Where is problem?

> Normunds

Tue, 06 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with UpdateSQL and Paradox db

Quote:
> Hi!

> I have a problem with TUpdateSQL. I create TQuery, TDataSource and
> TUpdateSQL objects.
> Query is "select * from tablex order by fieldx". How can I update this
> table?
> query1.ApplyUpdates;
> query1.CommitUpdates;
> don't working. It returns BDE error "update failed".

> Where is problem?

You might be using Blob/Memo (or like) fields in the table.

--
Best regards,
Benny Tordrup

Tue, 20 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problems with UpdateSQL and Paradox db
Has TQuery's UpdateObject property been set to TUpdateSQL object?

How was TUdateSQL's insert/update/delete strings created, did delphi
generate them for you, or did you enter them yourself?

These and probably many more questions need to be answered before I
can provide any assistance.

Unfortunatly, this question isn't quite as simple as 1, 2, 3.  I
presume that's another reason Delphi's online help is devoid of
sufficient examples..

Quote:

--

Wed, 21 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem - UpdateSQL with Paradox

2. UpdateSQL ; Paradox 5 ODBC

3. Paradox DB In Use problem

4. DLL accessing Paradox DB Problem

5. still have problems with updatesql!

6. UpdateSQL Problem

7. UpdateSQL problem

8. OLE DB Provider for Paradox

9. Boolean in SQL with Paradox DB

10. Converting DBF to Paradox DB

11. Paradox DB

12. .WAV as BLOBs in Paradox tables - wav-db.txt [01/01]