Get the Record number of DBF file
Author Message
 Get the Record number of DBF file

I like, if is possible, know to get the Record number of a DBF file.

Im using 16-bit version (Delphi 2.0) and I dont know to do it.

Thanks

Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Get the Record number of DBF file

Quote:

> I like, if is possible, know to get the Record number of a DBF file.

> Im using 16-bit version (Delphi 2.0) and I dont know to do it.

> Thanks

 Try This property of Table

After you open table then go last record then get record number

var Record_Number : LongInt;

Begin

Table1.Open;
Table1.Last;
Record_Number := Table1.RecNo;
Table1.Close;

End;

{Help}
Applies to

TTable, TQuery, TStoredProc components

Declaration

property RecNo: Longint;

Description

Run-time and read-only. The RecNo property returns a record number for
the current record in the dataset. Record numbers are only available for
Paradox and dBASE tables; the concept isn't supported by most SQL
servers so a table in a SQL database always returns -1 for RecNo.

Sat, 13 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Get the Record number of DBF file

Quote:
>I like, if is possible, know to get the Record number of a DBF file.

>Im using 16-bit version (Delphi 2.0) and I dont know to do it.

>Thanks

Assuming that you have a TTable, then its Table1.RecNo;
--
Pete Clark
ElmSoft Ltd

Sun, 14 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting current record number

2. Getting the current record number

3. Getting the Current Record Number

4. Getting record number in Paradox

5. Determining the number of records in a typed file

6. Do DBF files have to be named *.DBF ?

7. record number/sequence number in MSAccess table

8. DBF DBF DBF

9. Getting Row Number from DBGrid??

10. Help on getting the HD serial number please.

11. Help: Getting the next autoincrement number

12. FILE OF Recordxy -> DBF-File