DBD error when launching
Author Message
 DBD error when launching

I get the error

"Could not initalize IDAPI  Multipul .NET files in use"

whenever I try to start the Database Desktop. What could
be causing this?

Please post answers here or mail me at

Mon, 12 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD error when launching
: I get the error

: "Could not initalize IDAPI  Multipul .NET files in use"

: whenever I try to start the Database Desktop. What could
: be causing this?

Run the BDE configuration utility (BDECFG.EXE, found in the IDAPI direc-
tory), go to the Drivers tab page (the first tab page), highlight the
PARADOX driver in the Driver Name listbox, and look at the NET DIR
setting in the Parameters list to the right. This setting must be set to
a valid drive and directory if the Database Desktop (DBD) utility is to
be able to use Paradox tables in a network environment. (Since the DBD
does not know what type of tables you *might* open, it must consider the
possibility it might be Paradox on its starting initialization. And just
being attached to a network qualifies as a "network environment" in the
context of the DBD.)

This setting determines the PDOXUSRS.NET file to use for multi-user
access to Paradox tables. The file PDOXUSRS.NET is the "traffic cop"
responsible for handling the access of multiple users to Paradox
tables (who has what record locked, etc.). If you will not be engaging
in multi-user Paradox table access, set NET DIR to the C:\ directory.

_/ Steve Koterski               _/   The opinions expressed here are    _/

Tue, 13 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 DBD error when launching
totally off topic, steve, but i just want to express my appreciation
of your presence here. i just ditty-bop thru unread messages and look
up when something interesting is being said. you account for a
disproportionate amount of the From: headers on those messages, and so
i think you deserve a "thanks, glad to have ya around"

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBD load error on NT.

2. Can't find language driver DBD error

3. HELP : Error launching Reportsmith

4. Detach dBase Index without DBD ?

5. DBD 7

6. DBD Tag Select

7. BTRIEVE file access under delphi/DBD

8. dbd querys of sybase tablles

9. SQL statement works with DBD not TQuery

10. Can u Create FoxPro Tables in DBD?

11. Can you Create FoxPro Tables in DBD?

12. DBD cannot read my dBase files