Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters
Author Message
 Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

Hi,

I'm from the ancient world of Clipper summer '87 and is
thinking of migrating to FP/VFP or Delphi. One factor to
consider is their capabilities to handle chinese characters
under Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 or Chinese Windows.

Anybody has any clue?

Thanks.

Kar Lik.

Sat, 07 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

Quote:
>: I'm from the ancient world of Clipper summer '87 and is
>: thinking of migrating to FP/VFP or Delphi. One factor to
>: consider is their capabilities to handle chinese characters
>: under Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 or Chinese Windows.
>Visual FoxPro 3.0 has 2 byte code support !

Does it? Last I heard from MS they were expecting to release a version
with 2 byte support "later this year".

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

Quote:
>: I'm from the ancient world of Clipper summer '87 and is
>: thinking of migrating to FP/VFP or Delphi. One factor to
>: consider is their capabilities to handle chinese characters
>: under Windows 3.1 or Windows 95 or Chinese Windows.
>Visual FoxPro 3.0 has 2 byte code support !

VFP has only just reached HK. The 2 byte code version has not yet been
released in as far as I know. SHould be available by the end of the
year.

Mon, 09 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

Quote:
>VFP has only just reached HK. The 2 byte code version has not yet been
>released in as far as I know. SHould be available by the end of the
>year.

A vendor at the Microsoft Developers Day today (Sept 22) in Hong Kong told
me the DBCS (double byte character set) version of VFP 3.0 will be
available in October here.

Chris

Tue, 10 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Can FP or VFP handle chinese characters

Quote:

> >VFP has only just reached HK. The 2 byte code version has not yet been
> >released in as far as I know. SHould be available by the end of the
> >year.

> A vendor at the Microsoft Developers Day today (Sept 22) in Hong Kong told
> me the DBCS (double byte character set) version of VFP 3.0 will be
> available in October here.

> Chris

VFP 3.0a has been released in Taiwan, it does support Chinese characters
(Big-5 codes).  I don't know about the Mainland China though.

Tue, 10 Mar 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Chinese Character problem in Foxpro table + Delphi 1.0

2. Does Delphi support Chinese characters/database?

3. It's not bad canned meat...

4. Help with VFP data conversion

5. VFP Vs Delphi ,which one better ?

6. Delphi or VFP ?

7. Question: (FPC): is the FP.EXE in de WIN32 different than the FP.EXE in the GO32V2 dir?

8. converting string characters to char characters

9. Please Help! .WAV-file-handling in TP (or FP)

10. Can Dephi 1.0 use .DBF tables contains other language (e.g. Chinese characters)

11. FP: looking for Field function

12. Newbie, FP installation problem