TBAtchMove - Import of ASCII
Author Message
 TBAtchMove - Import of ASCII

Hi there,

I am working with delphi 3 and Paradox tables under Win 95.
I have a big problem: I try to import ASCII data via TBatchMove.
The ASCII data shall be in varying format with delimiters, because
the destination tables are very wide (many fields, and big text fields).

Now I get the error, that an access violation occurs, when I start the
import. The error occurs when I execute the TBatchMove in design modus,
when I start the application from compiler or running from Windows.
The records are properly imported into the Paradox file. But
it seems that the text file is not closed. Also at ending the application
shows an acces violation error.
When I use short record structures, all is ok. (My real tables will have
about 400 to 600 characters total record length). Also when I use fixed
format, I have no problems.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,

Heidrun

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 TBAtchMove - Import of ASCII
Hi,

I found the solution: The ASCII file from which I want to get the data
must not contain "empty" fields (No comma beside comma). So the missing
values must be filled with zero. Then there is no problem, even when a
field is lacking in the destination table.

Heidrun und Berthold schrieb:

Quote:

> Hi there,

> I am working with Delphi 3 and Paradox tables under Win 95.
> I have a big problem: I try to import ASCII data via TBatchMove.
> The ASCII data shall be in varying format with delimiters, because
> the destination tables are very wide (many fields, and big text fields).

> Now I get the error, that an access violation occurs, when I start the
> import. The error occurs when I execute the TBatchMove in design modus,
> when I start the application from compiler or running from Windows.
> The records are properly imported into the Paradox file. But
> it seems that the text file is not closed. Also at ending the application
> shows an acces violation error.
> When I use short record structures, all is ok. (My real tables will have
> about 400 to 600 characters total record length). Also when I use fixed
> format, I have no problems.

> Can anyone help me?

> Thanks in advance,

> Heidrun

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TBatchMove doesn't import all records !

2. Can I import a .CSV-file with TBatchMove?

3. TBatchMove ASCII - comma

4. Ascii files and TBatchmove

5. Help! TBatchMove ASCII Text and Dates

6. TBATCHMOVE - ASCII INPUT HELP !!!!

7. Anyone know of good freeware code for Ascii Text Import

8. Importing Fixed Length ASCII

9. Help ASCII import

10. Importing ASCII data

11. Ascii delimited file import into Delphi Paradox table?

12. Problems importing ASCII comma delimited data