Encrypting TClientDataSet field values
Author Message
 Encrypting TClientDataSet field values

Since I am working small application for my personal use, I want to do
physical encription of fields to keep information away from other's eyes.

I managed to accomplish that task by using persistent fields and
onSetText and onGetText events. It works ok, in onSetText i encript
string, and in onGetTExt I decript it.

But... it works only for data displaying. Indexes and filters on
encrypted fileds do not work correctly since they do not trigger these
two events, but read original data in encrypted form.

Is there another way to intercept TClientDataSet and make it do
encription and decription on lower level of operation?

Thanks,
Pedja

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. TClientDataSet and autoincrementing fields

2. TClientDataSet InternalCalculated Fields

3. TClientDataSet and InternalCalc Fields

4. Encrypting a table field

5. AsString Return different value in ADOQuery and TQuery for char field

6. Splitting a field value into two

7. Knowing the value of the cuurent field

8. Retrieve value of autoincrement field with inserted record

9. ADO AutoIncrement field value?

10. DBGrid1.Fields[0] - Where's The Value During Insert/Before Post

11. Autoincrement Fields - setting to new value

12. Create a autoincrement-field with a minimum value