Findkey won't find key
Author Message
 Findkey won't find key

About a month ago I posted the following to this group.

I have a Paradox table with a key based on the first 3 fields,
all strings. Usually the 2nd and 3rd key fields are null. When
they are Findkey returns false and leaves me on the first record
of the table. Checks at the point immediately after Findkey
shows that the search keys match a record in the table. When the
 2nd and 3rd key fields have values, I am left at the record before
the correct one. Findnearest in all cases leaves me at the record
before the correct one.

I have now found that it is caused by a delphi .limitation. I didn't
state that the table is also used by a DOS Paradox application so
its format is that for Paradox 4.5. I rebuilt it via the Database Desktop
specifying table type Paradox 7. Findkey now works OK.

 I now have a new problem - how do I keep the old and new
applications running at the same time! Fortunately I only have one user.

Pat
--
Pat White

Phone; +44 (0)1925 266113

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Findkey won't find key

2. FindKey never finds key

3. Search won't find lower case ?

4. 'Could not find PRIMARY KEY...

5. FindKey does not always find a record

6. FindKey on Composite Key

7. FindKey with a partial key

8. Reportsmith won't print to fax on Win 95

9. Q: using findkey with mult keys

10. Custom ActiveX control won't appear in Access '97 Report

11. Field 'PHYSICALTYPE' not found

12. 'Circular data links' hard to find