Delphi and Microsoft SQL Server
Author Message
 Delphi and Microsoft SQL Server

How good do delphi and SQL Server (Microsoft) work together?  I am about
to start writing a new application with SQL server and wanted to get any
opinions on whether I should use Delphi/SQL Server or VB/SQL Server,
which I am more familiar with VB but can pick up Delphi pretty easily if
I think it's worth it...Anybody using Delphi with Microsoft SQL Server
out there?

--
Gus Perez

Tue, 19 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi and Microsoft SQL Server
Delphi/SQL works great!

It is much faster than working with Access/SQL/ORACLE most of the time
except using comboboxes. Needless to say it is very flexible/easy
application to learn.  Help file on Delphi is also very good ( except few
glitches : maybe Help was meant for next version of Delphi?)
Using just the help file, our group has found out alot of useful
informations rather than going through Delphi books.

Although there are certain SQL commands that Delphi does not support,
there are ways around it always.

Best wishes..
Sandra Kim

SSDS INC.

Tue, 19 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi and Microsoft SQL Server
I know of someone who was using Delphi with SQL Server but has switched
to VB4.0 for the following reason. A query that joins tables in delphi is
not updateable. This means that if you hav a grid that displays data from
two tables it cannot be updated from the grid. Coming from a C++
background I don't see this as a restriction as in C++ you do not have
such a facility anyway and think differently about your screen/data
interaction.

William Howard

Fri, 22 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi and Microsoft SQL Server

Quote:
>How good do Delphi and SQL Server (Microsoft) work together?  I am about
>to start writing a new application with SQL server and wanted to get any
>opinions on whether I should use Delphi/SQL Server or VB/SQL Server,
>which I am more familiar with VB but can pick up Delphi pretty easily if
>I think it's worth it...Anybody using Delphi with Microsoft SQL Server
>out there?

>--
>Gus Perez

Gus,

After using both VB and Delphi I'd have to say use Delphi. Unless you have
some aversion to Object Pascal you'll get the app finished alot faster.

Sal

Wed, 27 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi and Microsoft SQL Server

2. Delphi 3 & Microsoft SQL SERVER DBPROCESSES

3. Microsoft SQL Server & Delphi 2.0

4. Rollbak with Delphi 2 and Microsoft SQL Server

5. Microsoft SQL Server 2000

6. Delphi2.0 / Images --> ODBC / Microsoft SQL Server

7. Interbase -> Microsoft SQL Server

8. Commit error on Microsoft SQL Server 6.0

9. Microsoft SQL Server and IDAPI

10. sincronizzazione microsoft sql server 2000

11. Microsoft Sequel Client/Server via Delphi

12. Delphi 2.0 and Microsoft SQL 6.5 maillingllist