Files needed for Oracle databases
Author Message
 Files needed for Oracle databases

Does anyone know what files need to be distributed in order to support an
Oracle database. We have an application that uses BDE to connect to an
Oracle database and we would like to create an install shield install for
the app and I am not sure what needs to be shipped with the application.
For example, does the user need to have the Oracle client software
already installed on their machine in order to allow our application to
work properly or can we redistribute the Oracle client stuff. If anyone
has any information or if you can tell me where to look I would really
appreciate it.

Lonnie

Tue, 17 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Files needed for Oracle databases
Yep.

You need to install SQL*Net, and ODBC (seperatly in some cases).

There are third party solutions you can look into...

Maybe sombody else can offer advice for a good one.

Quote:

--

I believe Wine is going to be great if it ever gets finished. . .
I believe Linux _is_ great even though it's not finished! ! !

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Files needed for Oracle databases
Hello

For Oracle you have to install the oracle Client software and the Inprise
BDE.

Antonio Tortora
Solar Software Inc.

Quote:

>Does anyone know what files need to be distributed in order to support an
>Oracle database. We have an application that uses BDE to connect to an
>Oracle database and we would like to create an install shield install for
>the app and I am not sure what needs to be shipped with the application.
>For example, does the user need to have the Oracle client software
>already installed on their machine in order to allow our application to
>work properly or can we redistribute the Oracle client stuff. If anyone
>has any information or if you can tell me where to look I would really
>appreciate it.

>Lonnie

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to write binary files to an Oracle database

2. store file(paradox database) in oracle clong field

3. Need help opening a database file

4. Needed : a component/source that allows you to view/edit MS-Access database file (.mdb)

5. Database File Paths - Help needed

6. How to change an oracle database to a paradox database

7. Witch file include for Ms Access Database Distibution File

8. FollowUp: On Shared Database Files, ScanDisk, and FILEnnnn.CHK files

9. How to access an Oracle-database under VMS on an Alpha server

10. Automating logon to Oracle database

11. Oracle database conversion

12. Create a Oracle DataBase in Delphi program