!!!!Look up validity checking HELP!!!!
Author Message
 !!!!Look up validity checking HELP!!!!

I've written a data entry screen that has some TdblookupList boxes to
insure validity checking in some fields. The problem I'm having is
that one of the fields could be one of 52 entries. That's too many to
scroll through. When the user types in a 0 for the first number, the
first valid entry is what fills in (and that's not what I want).  I
would prefer that the box start to fill as you type (like the help
lookups in Delphi's help) and at the end, if you don't have a valid
entry you get the dropdown list or something like that. Even checking
when the user moves off the field is acceptable.

The way I have it now ain't working...too tedious.

Any help is appreciated. This is my last step in this program.

Thanx!

Bill

Thu, 07 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 !!!!Look up validity checking HELP!!!!

You could try some zero-aligned character fields instead, and when the
selection is complete, convert them to numbers. This would maintain the
proper sort order, assuming they are sorted. This would ensure that the
number 1000 would not appear before 9. It should be okay if the numbers
are not too large.

Thu, 07 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help with lookup lists or validity checking

2. Validity Check like PDoxwin's

3. Paradox table validity checks

4. Validity checks, Paradox tables

5. Validity check with picture

6. Delphi, Paradox, validity checks and picture strings

7. Need to clear Validity Checks after Exception?

8. VALIDITY CHECK LIMIT ???

9. Validity checks in Paradox

10. validity checks and default values (paradox tables)

11. picture validity check

12. How to handle validity checking