Quick Reports Question
Author Message
 Quick Reports Question

HI all,

Does anyone know where to get hold of the documenation that for
the QuickReports components that come with delphi 2.0. There doesnt
seem to be anything in the box, and the online help, as always, is
slightly worse than crap.

On a kinda related note, if anyone knows why the Quick Report Text
fields on the Report forms in the repository come with braces around
them but lsoe those braces when you change any of the properties, I
would love to hear the reason.

Cheers,

Peter

Sun, 27 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Quick Reports Question

Quote:

> HI all,

> Does anyone know where to get hold of the documenation that for
> the QuickReports components that come with Delphi 2.0. There doesnt
> seem to be anything in the box, and the online help, as always, is
> slightly worse than crap.

> On a kinda related note, if anyone knows why the Quick Report Text
> fields on the Report forms in the repository come with braces around
> them but lsoe those braces when you change any of the properties, I
> would love to hear the reason.

> Cheers,

> Peter

The helpfile is located in your \Delphi 2.0\help directory
(quickrep.hlp).
The complete manual is in \Delphi 2.0\quickrpt\qrmanual.doc.

I'm not sure I understand your problem with the repository forms...

-Allan

Sun, 27 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Quick Reports Question

Quote:
> The helpfile is located in your \Delphi 2.0\help directory
> (quickrep.hlp).
> The complete manual is in \Delphi 2.0\quickrpt\qrmanual.doc.

> I'm not sure I understand your problem with the repository forms...

Thanks for that, I have now and printed out the manual - most helpful <G>

The problem with the repository frames was really more of a question than
anything else. If you bring in the labels form then the fields that are
in the detail band are for some reason surrounded by brackets..

(Name)
(Address1)
(Address2)
etc

As soon as you change any of the properties then the brackets vanish.
Its not really a problem, it just worried me that I didn't, and still don't,
know why the brackets are there in the first place, and more to the point
what their significance is.

It bugs me when things happen like this that I can't explain <G>

Any ideas ?

Peter

Mon, 28 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Quick Reports Question
I found a Word document with the client/server version. It was
installed on my machine in the following folder:

\Program Files\Borland\Delphi 2.0\Quickrpt\Qrmanual.doc

Doug Winsby
Typotronics Inc

Quote:

>HI all,
>Does anyone know where to get hold of the documenation that for
>the QuickReports components that come with Delphi 2.0. There doesnt
>seem to be anything in the box, and the online help, as always, is
>slightly worse than crap.

Thu, 01 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Quick Reports Question

Quote:

> > The helpfile is located in your \Delphi 2.0\help directory
> > (quickrep.hlp).
> > The complete manual is in \Delphi 2.0\quickrpt\qrmanual.doc.

> > I'm not sure I understand your problem with the repository forms...

> Thanks for that, I have now and printed out the manual - most helpful <G>

> The problem with the repository frames was really more of a question than
> anything else. If you bring in the labels form then the fields that are
> in the detail band are for some reason surrounded by brackets..

> (Name)
> (Address1)
> (Address2)
> etc

> As soon as you change any of the properties then the brackets vanish.
> Its not really a problem, it just worried me that I didn't, and still don't,
> know why the brackets are there in the first place, and more to the point
> what their significance is.

> It bugs me when things happen like this that I can't explain <G>

> Any ideas ?

> Peter

Yes, I know why - this is actually a debug feature I use(d) while
writing QuickReport - it tells me where in the code the caption was
created. It's nothing dangerous and is of no general use.

Regards
Allan

Fri, 02 Oct 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Quick Report Question

2. Quick Report Question

3. Quick Report Question : Group by a certain field?

4. Quick Report Question

5. quick reports quick questions!

6. Quick Reports Composite report Delphi 7 question

7. Question regarding Quick Report and runtime packages

8. Quick Report or TQuery calculation question

9. Quick Reports and SQL question

10. Quick report group probs and questions

11. Quick Report form design question

12. Crystal Report, Quick Report - where to get ?