Switch off Access lazy Writer
Author Message
 Switch off Access lazy Writer

Hi,

anybody knows how to switch off the Write cache in Access 2000 using
Delphi5/ADO ? I have two cooperative programs running - one puts a new
record into the Database and sends a Message to the second program to grab
this record. Very often, the second program can't find that record, seconds
later it can.

MSDN says, Microsoft has put this caching mechanism into Access for speed
purposes, but doesn't tell me how to switch it off.

Thanks for ideas,

Olaf

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:10:18 GMT
 Switch off Access lazy Writer
You can set the cache delay (in msec) in the registry.

For Jet 3.5 (using MS Access 95/97):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\3.5\Engines\Jet 3.5\PageTimeout

For Jet 4.0 (using MS Access 95/97):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 3.x\PageTimeout

For Jet 4.0 (using MS Access 2000/2002):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 4.0\PageTimeout

I also recommend to set the ImplicitCommitSync to yes in multi-user
environments.

Quote:
> Hi,

> anybody knows how to switch off the Write cache in Access 2000 using
> Delphi5/ADO ? I have two cooperative programs running - one puts a new
> record into the Database and sends a Message to the second program to grab
> this record. Very often, the second program can't find that record,
seconds
> later it can.

> MSDN says, Microsoft has put this caching mechanism into Access for speed
> purposes, but doesn't tell me how to switch it off.

> Thanks for ideas,

> Olaf

Tue, 09 Mar 2004 15:26:18 GMT
 Switch off Access lazy Writer

Quote:
> You can set the cache delay (in msec) in the registry.

This worked for me, although a Value of 0 ist dangerous.

Olaf

Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:24:37 GMT

1. Switch off soft deletes in Paradox database

2. ATX Board and Switch-Off

3. Switch off control-break

4. switch off an ATX Computer

5. Switching off the hard disk

6. Sql.Log How to switch off?

7. toggle switch-convert uppercase to lowercase by a toggle switch

8. Switching from Access to MSSQL7

9. Access login box - want to get rid off

10. A good report writer

11. User query/report writer for DBISAM

12. Report Writers for User Customized Reports