Help! A table that keeps losing records
Author Message
 Help! A table that keeps losing records

Hi folks!

I've written an app that stores contract information in three tables.
1. A customer info table
2. A details of contract table (ie. what the contract is for)
3. A history table which keeps track of all the operations on the contract
  (eg. if it's still valid, when it was completed, who completed it..)

Table 1 is a master table, linked to by the other tables.

Anyway, what happens every now and then is the main records disappear.
The linked records remain, and I've set up a "before delete" method that
deletes all the linked records when you actually purposefully remove
a master record.  The weird thing is that when we look at the tables 2 & 3
the records that were linked to the now vanished master records appear
to be linked to other records than what they were originally intended.

I admit, I borrowed heavily from examples on the delphi CD - the mastapp
app in particular, and believe I've set everything up correctly.  The odd
thing is how intermittent the bug is.  It only happens in maybe 1 in 30
contracts, but when it does it usually corrupts several in a row.

Any clues?

Sun, 19 Apr 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. help, DB files keep their size even after deletion of records

2. Problems with Adding lines to DbMemo in MsAccess db - BDE keeps shouting errors after several records

3. Looking for a way to keep user from deleting SOME records

4. Looking for a way to keep user from deleting a record

5. New records are lost when I reboot

6. LOSING POSTED RECORD IN GRID DISPLAY?

7. The mystery of the lost records, DBGrid and Oracle

8. Losing records from dataset with live TQuery

9. Lost records with Delphi and Paradox!

10. Table is busy problem keeps happening

11. making new tables from old, and keeping default values

12. PROBLEM keeping tables in sync over a network ?