Delphi & MS Access 2.0
Author Message
 Delphi & MS Access 2.0

Hi!

I'm new in delphi programing, i have done a lot in VB and used to use
Access 2.0 as database. Now I have a lot of problems using Access with
Delphi.

I have found that all articles concerning this problem has expired.

How to configure the database engine? I always get a login prompt, why?
can anyone tell me what DLL I am supposed to use and how I shall configure
the rest of the options.

Thank You

Sven Persson

Wed, 20 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi & MS Access 2.0

Quote:
>I'm new in Delphi programing, i have done a lot in VB and used to use
>Access 2.0 as database. Now I have a lot of problems using Access with
>Delphi.

>I have found that all articles concerning this problem has expired.

>How to configure the database engine? I always get a login prompt, why?
>can anyone tell me what DLL I am supposed to use and how I shall configure
>the rest of the options.

This login prompt, though a user name and password may never have been
designated for that database, are an after effect of Delphi/BDE's ODBC
access. But it is relatively easy to overcome. Simply effect your access to
that database through a TDatabase component, setting its LoginPrompt
property to False. Then connect any TTable, TQuery, or TStoredProc
components to the TDatabase component rather than directly to a BDE alias.

Steve Koterski
Product Group Manager
Delphi Technical Support
Borland International, Inc.

Sat, 23 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi & MS Access 2.0

Quote:
>Hi!
>I'm new in Delphi programing, i have done a lot in VB and used to use
>Access 2.0 as database. Now I have a lot of problems using Access with
>Delphi.
>I have found that all articles concerning this problem has expired.
>How to configure the database engine? I always get a login prompt, why?
>can anyone tell me what DLL I am supposed to use and how I shall configure
>the rest of the options.

>Thank You
>Sven Persson

Hi,

Assuming that you are not talking about how to distribute the BDE, you
do not have to worry about DLL's.

Depending on what errors you are getting, you may need to order the
latest ODBC drivers from Micro$oft (call their general sales line). To
configure the BDE, just select an ODBC driver connection, then connect
an alias to it (aside from some obvious fields like the commit field
and the database name, you do not have to worry about most of the
fields).

To get rid of the Logon prompt, connect a TDatabase component to your
BDE alias, then connect the component that you use to select the data
(TQuery, TTable, etc...) to the TDatabase component.

Good luck,
Allen

Thu, 28 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. MS-Access 2.0 ODBC & ## TRANSACTIONS ##

2. Accessing Access 2.0 MDBs from Delphi 2.0

3. Delphi 2.0 and MS Access 7.0

4. Deleting a detail record using Delphi 1.0 on a MS Access 2.0 database

5. MS-Access 2.0 and Delphi 3.0 C/S Problem

6. Communication between Delphi 2.0 and MS Access

7. Record number in Ms-Access 2.0 with Delphi 3c/s

8. Using explicit transactions in Delphi 2.0 and Ms Access

9. DELPHI 2.0 AND MS ACCESS

10. Using MS Access 2.0 db's via ODBC from Delphi v1.0 with transactions

11. MS Access 2.0 versus Delphi 3.0

12. Delphi 1.0, ODBC, MS Access 2.0