Networking Delphi Databases - help requested
Author Message
 Networking Delphi Databases - help requested

Hello all...

I am quite proficient (personal judgement) at Delphi-2 database
programming on a stand-alone workstation.

We have now gone networked with a mixed Win95 and Win3.11 network. I now
want to modify or re-develop an application to allow cross network
access to the same database (Paradox)

The documentation provided with delphi is quite good as long as you know
what you are looking for. Can someone help me with what I need to do to
make Paradox files cross network accesable and can this be done with a
standard single license installation od delpi-2 Developer.

Or alternatively where to look for a good get you going networked guide?

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Brian Childs, VIZEF Limited, The Old Coach House
Adwell, Thame, Oxon,  OX9 7DQ, UK
Phone: (44) 01844 28 1066     Fax: (44) 01844 28 1070
Suppliers of HDL Productivity tools

Sat, 23 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Requested - How to avoid Time-Out when Network becomes unavailable

2. HELP with Delphi database access on a network

3. Delphi and database choices for network installed database

4. Delphi Data-ware components for Raima database requested

5. $$$$$$$DELPHI APP DESIGN HELP REQUEST$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

6. (2nd Try) ( Native SQL Error #10037) Delphi 2.0/MSSQL 6.0 Problem, help requested

7. Tool or engine to open Clipper Databases in a Networking Environment using Delphi 5

8. Delphi and network database

9. Delphi database application on a Novell network.

10. Rule in Delphi when updating network database file

11. Help! - Blocking records in local network Paradox databases

12. Need urgent help on network database problem