Master/Detail lookup - losing detail field
Author Message
 Master/Detail lookup - losing detail field

This is the situation (local database, D5):

Master/detail tables in a datamodule, linked by the master's primary (only)
key.

Then, another dataset, containing (among others) two fields a master_code
and a detail_code, which correspond to the primary keys in the master table
and the detail table.

Of course, I don't want to display the codes when manipulating my dataset,
so I add two lookup fields (master_alpha and detail_alpha). So far so good.

Except that the detail lookup field does not get synchronized as you move up
and down the dataset (master is OK). The same problem occurs whether I
display the alpha fields in a dbgrid or in a dblookupcombobox. Master works
OK, but detail most of the time just shows blank (not found). The
detail_code contains a valid code for this master. But the lookup mechanism
does not find it in the dtail table.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Robert

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Master-Detail : Sorting Detail?

2. Master - Detail - Detail queries & DBGrids

3. Setting report variables in the detail of a ReportSmith master-detail report

4. Master-detail-detail-detial with Cascade delete

5. Newbie - updating Detail in master-detail

6. HELP: Master-detail form: sequence of detail records

7. Sorting detail records in a master detail relation.

8. Problem when inserting records in the detail table (master/detail relation)

9. Different detail Index order within master-detail relationship

10. Master->Detail->Detail Query Too Slow

11. HELP:master/detail filtering and lookup????

12. Using .LOOKUP with master-detail tables?