Delphi Developer + SQL LINKS = Delphi Client Server ?
Author Message
 Delphi Developer + SQL LINKS = Delphi Client Server ?

Hi,

I have delphi Developer 2.0 and 1.0, a client need a aplication to use a
database in Oracle, Will I have to buy Delphi Client Server ?
or if I buy SQL Links, Is It enought ?

        Ricardo J. N. Frazao

Wed, 09 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi Developer + SQL LINKS = Delphi Client Server ?

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have Delphi Developer 2.0 and 1.0, a client need a aplication to use a
> database in Oracle, Will I have to buy Delphi Client Server ?
> or if I buy SQL Links, Is It enought ?

Not if you can get connected via ODBC. SQL Links is the way to go to
get a better performance. But you'll need some Oracle stuff at the
client either (SQL*NET).

Good luck!

Jasper

Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Delphi Developer + SQL LINKS = Delphi Client Server ?

No you don't have to go to C/S.  The major difference between
Developer and the Client Server version of Delphi, is that in the
Client Server version all the source for the VCL is included,
several SQL Links drivers are included, and there is a
TDataModule component that is included.  With developer you
can use ODBC to connect to Oracle, SQL Links is not
required.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I have Delphi Developer 2.0 and 1.0, a client need a aplication to use a
> database in Oracle, Will I have to buy Delphi Client Server ?
> or if I buy SQL Links, Is It enought ?

>    Ricardo J. N. Frazao

Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi Client-Server Developers Needed!!

2. Experienced Delphi Developer needs to learn Client/Server

3. Delphi Client/Server Developer Assist Support

4. Delphi 2.0 Developer with Sql Links 3.0

5. Q: Delphi Developer with SQL Links?

6. Can I buy and use SQL Links with Delphi Developer

7. GPF in SQLD_SS (delphi 1 Sql links driver for SQL-Server)

8. MA - Rte 495 Delphi Application Developer -- SQL Server / Sybase / Oracle

9. MA - Rte 495 Delphi Application Developer -- SQL Server / Sybase / Oracle

10. MA - Rte 495 Delphi Application Developer -- SQL Server / Sybase / Oracle

11. Help: Delphi 16 bit client to MS SQL Server 6.0

12. MS SQL Server/Delphi app-client