ODBC DB2 problems
Author Message
 ODBC DB2 problems

ites:
:>
:>: Hello All,
:>
:>: Does anyone have any experience connecting to a DB2 (DB2/2 in this case)
:>: database using delphi and DB2's ODBC drivers ?  I keep getting a GPF in
:>: IDODBC01.DLL.
:>
:>Works just fine for me (using DB2/2 v2.1).  Which version of DB2 are you
:>connecting to, and which version of the client/application enabler are you
:>using?

I'm using DB2/2 v2.1 too. But I'm not using the Client Enabler because I'm
running the DB2/2 server as well as Delphi on the same machine. Maybe that's
the problem ?  I'm using OS/2 Warp Connect (and WFW 3.11) straight out of
the box. I can connect to Borland's own database engine as well as dBaseIV
(that's all I can try right now) and those work fine. Maybe I should just
reinstall the whole delphi+DB2 stuff.

I had some strange problems using version 2 of the CAE2 until I
:>upgraded to the latest patch levels, but other than that it worked ok...
:>except for the intolerable slowness.
:>
:>Oh, heck, from rereading your message it looks like you're using version
:>1 of the CAE2.  Connectiong to a version 1.2 database server?  Why don't
:>you just email me with your setup and I'll try and walk through
:>everything with you.  No guarantees, but I'll take a whack at it.

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 ODBC DB2 problems
: Hello All,

: Does anyone have any experience connecting to a DB2 (DB2/2 in this case)
: database using Delphi and DB2's ODBC drivers ?  I keep getting a GPF in
: IDODBC01.DLL.

Works just fine for me (using DB2/2 v2.1).  Which version of DB2 are you
connecting to, and which version of the client/application enabler are you
using?  I had some strange problems using version 2 of the CAE2 until I
upgraded to the latest patch levels, but other than that it worked ok...
except for the intolerable slowness.

Oh, heck, from rereading your message it looks like you're using version
1 of the CAE2.  Connectiong to a version 1.2 database server?  Why don't
you just email me with your setup and I'll try and walk through
everything with you.  No guarantees, but I'll take a whack at it.

-- Gary F.

--

Sun, 17 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Fehlende Indizes:BDE/ODBC/DB2

2. PW5.0,Q+E ODBC,DDCS to DB2

3. D1,DB2, IBM CAE 2.01, DataDirect v2.11 ODBC

4. ODBC Performance with DB2/2

5. ReportSmith to DB2 via ODBC

6. DB2 / SQL with Delphi via ODBC

7. CA/400 & DB2 ODBC Driver

8. Another DB2/2 problem?

9. Delphi 4 DB2 large Blob problem

10. Delphi 4 -BDE - DB2 BLOBsize problem

11. Problems with updates (DB2 and Delphi)

12. Performance Problems on DB2/BDE !