Multi user application
Author Message
 Multi user application

Hello,

i'm writing a client server application where DB would reside on Server
side.
For achieving this i use MySQL 3.23 and delphi 5.For accessing MySQL data i
use the Zeoss components set.

The problem i've is record locking.I need to disable other ppl beginning
changing the record if someone is alerady doing it(they can read it of
course)
 How can i achieve record locking(preferably with Zeoss component set) is
there a query for it, like: LOCK WHERE ....

Thank you in advance,
Gregor Doltar

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:36:30 GMT
 Multi user application
Gregor,

Quote:

>Hello,

>i'm writing a client server application where DB would reside on Server
>side.
>For achieving this i use MySQL 3.23 and Delphi 5.For accessing MySQL data i
>use the Zeoss components set.

>The problem i've is record locking.I need to disable other ppl beginning
>changing the record if someone is alerady doing it(they can read it of
>course)
> How can i achieve record locking(preferably with Zeoss component set) is
>there a query for it, like: LOCK WHERE ....

to get row level locking in MySQL you must use InnoDB type tables. Then you
can issue

SELECT ... FROM ... FOR UPDATE

to lock individual rows.

Download MySQL-Max-3.23 or MySQL-4.0 from http://www.mysql.com Look at the
manual at http://www.innodb.com

Quote:
>Thank you in advance,
>Gregor Doltar

Regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy

Thu, 22 Apr 2004 20:17:19 GMT
 Multi user application
are you using live results or caching?

Robert MacLean
Head of IDWS Technical Services and Development

Web: http://www.idws.com
Tel: 0860-ONLINE (0860-665469)
Fax: (011) 955-5611

NOTE: Please include this message in your reply.

Quote:
> Hello,

> i'm writing a client server application where DB would reside on
Server
> side.
> For achieving this i use MySQL 3.23 and Delphi 5.For accessing MySQL
data i
> use the Zeoss components set.

> The problem i've is record locking.I need to disable other ppl
beginning
> changing the record if someone is alerady doing it(they can read it
of
> course)
>  How can i achieve record locking(preferably with Zeoss component
set) is
> there a query for it, like: LOCK WHERE ....

> Thank you in advance,
> Gregor Doltar

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:58:28 GMT
 Multi user application

Quote:
> are you using live results or caching?

I'm using live resoults.

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:26:44 GMT

1. How to write a database multi-user application

2. multi-user application: bde

3. Multi User application

4. Can delphi create a multi-user application

5. Multi-user application database updates...

6. Help! What do I need to do for a multi-user application

7. Need help: Cannot get multi-user D3 application running on my network

8. Multi users database application....

9. multi users database application.....

10. Database application for multi-users

11. Converting Single user version to Multi user (network) version

12. multi users