Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
Author Message
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3

I was just wondering what the major differences were between 3 and 5.

I wish the DBEDIT had the masking ability instead of using another object.
MASKEDIT.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
Use the underlying field's EditMask property.  That's existed since D1.

Paul / ColumbuSoft
www.columbusoft.com

Quote:
> I was just wondering what the major differences were between 3 and 5.

> I wish the DBEDIT had the masking ability instead of using another object.
> MASKEDIT.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
With the chance of me sounding Blonde.

Can you explain how to use the EDIT MASK Property on TDBEDIT.?  I bought D1
and then upgraded to D3 but put it away in the closet when I got it so I am
not sure what you mean here.  I see in the help that you can use a MASK but
don't seem to see where an example is.

Thanks for the assistance.

Quote:

>Use the underlying field's EditMask property.  That's existed since D1.

>Paul / ColumbuSoft
>www.columbusoft.com

>> I was just wondering what the major differences were between 3 and 5.

>> I wish the DBEDIT had the masking ability instead of using another object.
>> MASKEDIT.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
Quote:

> With the chance of me sounding Blonde.

Yup

Quote:
> Can you explain how to use the EDIT MASK Property on TDBEDIT.?

Paul (rightly) said that the property is on the *field*, not the TDBEdit, ie
look at the field definition on the dataset (not the datasource) that the
TDBEdit is linked to.

Some instructions:

Double click the TTable or TQuery (whatever you have linked the TDBEdit to),
highlight the field in question, and press F11 to bring up the object
inspector. Modify the EditMask property..

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
: I was just wondering what the major differences were between 3 and 5.

Back to the original question, assuming you're on a tight budget,
I don't know whether you're currently using Standard, Pro, or C/S,
but if you work with databases, only Pro or above will be a worthwhile
upgrade; there are no database components at all in D5 Standard!

You can see a listing of all the D5 features by version, and decide
for yourself if it's worth it for you, at
http://www.borland.com/delphi/
--
Rick Carter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
Thanks. I never knew that was there.  So I am creating a persistent field.

Quote:

>> With the chance of me sounding Blonde.
>Yup

>> Can you explain how to use the EDIT MASK Property on TDBEDIT.?
>Paul (rightly) said that the property is on the *field*, not the TDBEdit, ie
>look at the field definition on the dataset (not the datasource) that the
>TDBEdit is linked to.

>Some instructions:

>Double click the TTable or TQuery (whatever you have linked the TDBEdit to),
>highlight the field in question, and press F11 to bring up the object
>inspector. Modify the EditMask property..

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Delphi 5 vs Delphi 3
I am using the PRO version. Thank you for the tip.
Quote:

>: I was just wondering what the major differences were between 3 and 5.

>Back to the original question, assuming you're on a tight budget,
>I don't know whether you're currently using Standard, Pro, or C/S,
>but if you work with databases, only Pro or above will be a worthwhile
>upgrade; there are no database components at all in D5 Standard!

>You can see a listing of all the D5 features by version, and decide
>for yourself if it's worth it for you, at
>http://www.borland.com/delphi/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Delphi:Paradox vs Delphi:SQL Anywhere vs Delphi:FoxPro via Apollo

2. BP 7.0 vs VB vs Delphi

3. VB vs Delphi vs C/C++

4. Delphi vs Visual Foxpro vs MS Access

5. Delphi vs Delphi Client/Server

6. Delphi 1.0 vs. Delphi 3.0 16 bit question

7. Delphi 2 vs. Delphi 3

8. Delphi...Delphi....Delphi - New Delphi Site

9. TTable vs TQuery vs TwwQuery vs TwwTable - SPEED

10. Delphi's SQL vs. SQL in Access97

11. Delphi II vs. VB4

12. Object inspector vs. coded in Delphi editor problem