!WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!
Author Message
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

I am seriously beginning to think that us V/Mac programmers are at a
serious loss and if we don't get together and join teams, we'll all suffer
in the long run...

First off, HOW MANY OF US ARE THERE??? If you code in Digitalk Smalltalk/V
for Macintosh (any version) PLEASE respond to this message, even if you
aren't interested in anything else I have to say.

Second, are you interested in working together through email to help get
tasks/challenges solved? If so, please respond with any and all
information that you have. We have already fixed several bugs with
Digitalk 2.0.2-2 code (such as cloning large images!) that haven't been
released by Digitalk (and I'm not sure it ever will be released)...

I'm working on setting up an HTML repository for Digitalk code that we
have written, when it is done, I'll tell everyone ASAP...

PLEASE respond to this message if you would like to participate in any way...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
   Smalltalk & C++ Programmer   \ _O_ /  ...will code for food
                                 \ | /

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sun, 22 Jun 1997 07:11:07 GMT
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

: First off, HOW MANY OF US ARE THERE??? If you code in Digitalk Smalltalk/V
: for Macintosh (any version) PLEASE respond to this message, even if you
: aren't interested in anything else I have to say.

Your methodology for determining "HOW MANY" is flawed. You may get a
few responses, or a dozen, or a hundred. However, what dows this
possibly tell you about "HOW MANY"?

Polling is a tough thing, and many Smalltalk/V users will either
ignore your call, miss it completely, not be reading this group, not
be on the Net at all, etc.

--Tim May

Timothy C. May         | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,

408-688-5409           | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
W.A.S.T.E.: Aptos, CA  | black markets, collapse of governments.

subscribe cypherpunks. FAQ available at ftp.netcom.com in pub/tc/tcmay

Sun, 22 Jun 1997 07:44:57 GMT
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

Quote:

>: First off, HOW MANY OF US ARE THERE??? If you code in Digitalk Smalltalk/V
>: for Macintosh (any version) PLEASE respond to this message, even if you
>: aren't interested in anything else I have to say.

>Your methodology for determining "HOW MANY" is flawed. You may get a
>few responses, or a dozen, or a hundred. However, what dows this
>possibly tell you about "HOW MANY"?

It may not be an accurate count of how many actual ST/V Mac users there
are out there, but it will tell me how many of them are: 1) on the net 2)
reading this group 3) possibly interested in collaborating for help.

I'm not interested in statistics. If I get a few responses, wonderful!
Hopefully they will all be interested in working together to improve ST/V
Mac development.

Quote:
>Polling is a tough thing, and many Smalltalk/V users will either
>ignore your call, miss it completely, not be reading this group, not
>be on the Net at all, etc.

That is OK. If they aren't on the net, then they aren't of much use. Like
I said before I'm interested in working through email. If they don't read
the group, then yes, it is a loss for us all, but I have to expect that...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
   Smalltalk & C++ Programmer   \ _O_ /  ...will code for food
                                 \ | /

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sun, 22 Jun 1997 09:54:20 GMT
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

Quote:
> Your methodology for determining "HOW MANY" is flawed. You may get a
> few responses, or a dozen, or a hundred. However, what dows this
> possibly tell you about "HOW MANY"?

> Polling is a tough thing, and many Smalltalk/V users will either
> ignore your call, miss it completely, not be reading this group, not
> be on the Net at all, etc.

Why not ask the vendor how many copies sold?  Also suggest a user group
of some kind and ask if they might help with sending out a mailer?  I
suspect many developers in many languages don't access the net atall, and
even fewer this goup.

There almost certainly more on compuspend than anywhere else at the
moment, but i suspect teh majority of programmers use no online system,
especially outside the USA>

dave.

Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:16:25 GMT
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

Quote:

>I am seriously beginning to think that us V/Mac programmers are at a
>serious loss and if we don't get together and join teams, we'll all suffer
>in the long run...

>First off, HOW MANY OF US ARE THERE??? If you code in Digitalk Smalltalk/V
>for Macintosh (any version) PLEASE respond to this message, even if you
>aren't interested in anything else I have to say.

I will post this into compuserve for you but for a rough idea...we
sold around 700 copies of the mac product last year.

tom

Tue, 24 Jun 1997 14:41:09 GMT
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

Quote:

> I will post this into compuserve for you but for a rough idea...we
> sold around 700 copies of the mac product last year.

Just curious, but how many were sent back?

Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:44:51 GMT
 !WANTING TO COLLABORATE: ST/V Mac Programmers!

Quote:

> >I am seriously beginning to think that us V/Mac programmers are at a
> >serious loss and if we don't get together and join teams, we'll all suffer
> >in the long run...

> >First off, HOW MANY OF US ARE THERE??? If you code in Digitalk Smalltalk/V
> >for Macintosh (any version) PLEASE respond to this message, even if you
> >aren't interested in anything else I have to say.

> I will post this into compuserve for you but for a rough idea...we
> sold around 700 copies of the mac product last year.

> tom

Hi, I have version 2 for the Mac and would be prepared to actually use it
if I could produce a runtime app from it in something less than a week
(slight hyperbole there <g>) from the time that I finish the code.

Steve

Thu, 26 Jun 1997 06:30:25 GMT

1. COLLABORATE: Mac Programmers

2. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

3. Developer wanted: to collaborate on RB shareware project

4. WANTED: ST/V for Mac

5. Window Builder Wanted for 2.0 st/v mac

6. Mac programming: ST/V vs. Prograph

7. WANTED: New or Experienced ST programmers in Salem,OR. area

8. ST programmer wanted for small DB2/2 job

9. *st/v windows programmers wanted

10. st/v windows programmers wanted

11. Wanted: Mac Programmers

12. ST V / MAC & ST V / WIN