Instance-Epecific Behavior
Author Message
 Instance-Epecific Behavior

Hi
Reading Kent Beck's Guide to Better Smalltalk there is a section about
Instance Specific behavior.
This concept is interesting and i am trying to explore this with Dolphin.
The key is that an instance of some class has his own Behavior or
MethodDictionary.
The point is when i am trying to do this I get different errors messages.
I am trying differents approachs.
A manner of example.

a := Client new

b := Behavior new superclass: Client.

b methodDictionary: MethodDictionary new.

o := b new.

Here I get a error that said me there no name for class. It is happened
because I do not create a class . I am using behavior to simulate the class.

 Other approachs give me other errors.I can't get the rigth one.

Can someone implement especific instance behavior with Dolphin ?

TIA

Pablo

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 06:45:49 GMT
 Instance-Epecific Behavior

Quote:
> Hi
> Reading Kent Beck's Guide to Better Smalltalk there is a section about
> Instance Specific behavior.
> This concept is interesting and i am trying to explore this with Dolphin.

I have not done anything with this, but I do remember a conversation about
this.  A google groups search turned this up:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=abqg81%24khmi...
0ID-51044.news.dfncis.de .

I think that message will provide what you are looking for.

Chris

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 10:20:13 GMT
 Instance-Epecific Behavior

Quote:

> I have not done anything with this, but I do remember a conversation about
> this.  A google groups search turned this up:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=abqg81%24khmi...

Quote:
> 0ID-51044.news.dfncis.de .

I wrapped up the code submited by Andy in this thread in a form which is
similar to Kent Beck's code. Maybe this helps.

Udo

  US Specialized Instances.pac
1K Download

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 15:06:04 GMT
 Instance-Epecific Behavior
Thanks all !!!!
Pablo

Quote:

> > I have not done anything with this, but I do remember a conversation
about
> > this.  A google groups search turned this up:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=abqg81%24khmi...
Quote:
> > 0ID-51044.news.dfncis.de .

> I wrapped up the code submited by Andy in this thread in a form which is
> similar to Kent Beck's code. Maybe this helps.

> Udo

Sat, 09 Apr 2005 22:45:12 GMT

1. Strange instance class valiable behavior

2. Instance-Specific Behavior

3. Unexpected behavior with class and instance variables...

4. How to change class instances behavior via reload?

5. Instance-specific behavior in VisualWorks

6. Instance-specific behavior in VisualWorks

7. Can4t add instance Var. to Behavior

8. Instance variables in Behavior

9. case ~= instance specific behavior

10. instances of classes and instances of instances

11. Can event from instance propagate to other instances?

12. range(Instance) vs. foo[Instance]