Parsing in Smalltalk
Author Message
 Parsing in Smalltalk

Does anyone have advice as to how to construct a lexical analyzer and
parser in Smalltalk easily? I am planning to use Parcplace Objectworks
in case there is something specific to their class system.

Thanks,
 - Robert.
--
   - Robert

Tue, 06 Feb 1996 09:13:57 GMT
 Parsing in Smalltalk

Quote:
>Does anyone have advice as to how to construct a lexical analyzer and
>parser in Smalltalk easily? I am planning to use Parcplace Objectworks
>in case there is something specific to their class system.

Yes, you should acquire and file in "TGEN", a lexer/parser generator for ST.

Tue, 06 Feb 1996 21:46:47 GMT
 Parsing in Smalltalk

Have a look into the the classes of the category 'System-Compiler-Program Objects'and 'System-Compiler-Public Access'. They contain the scanner, parser
etc. used by Smalltalk itself. If you want to parse Smalltalk code they
give you everything you need.

Stephan

Wed, 07 Feb 1996 00:50:49 GMT

1. Parsing emails (and attachments) in Smalltalk

2. Smalltalk Report and parsing windows ini file article ?

3. Smalltalk based parsing utility

4. Parsing libraries for Visual Smalltalk?

5. ] Trying to figure out how to parse smalltalk code

6. Wanted - RFC 822 Message Parsing routines in Smalltalk

7. lexing/parsing tools available under Smalltalk

8. Smalltalk Books FS: Distributed Smalltalk and Rapid S/W Development with Smalltalk

9. xml.smalltalk.org, mod.smalltalk.org and camp.smalltalk.org DNS problems resolved

10. Smalltalk Pros, Smalltalk Opportunities, Smalltalk Challenge

11. Confused by 'PARSE ARG' or 'PARSE VAR'

12. Odd ,,Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE''