how to use extract method refactoring
Author Message
 how to use extract method refactoring

Quote:
> Refactorings are way cool in DolphinXP, but I can't get extractMethod to
> work. I select a piece of code and select "Refactorings/Extract Method" in
> the context menu. A little dialog pops up with the required parameters and
> method selector to enter. The OK button is dimmed. Now, I enter a
selector,
> but the ok button does not become enabled?!
> What can I do?

Most likely your problem is that your selector doesn't have the required
number of arguments. You need to enter a selector with the same number of
arguments as is listed in the parameter list. If you enter too few or too
many, the button will be disabled.

John Brant

Mon, 07 Feb 2005 01:24:53 GMT

1. Help with method analysis for automated translation/refactoring

2. Refactoring Browser. VSE Refactoring Browser

3. Some comparisons of methods to extract substrings

4. Extracting method parameter and default-values?

5. Extracting method names from a Block

6. Source Tracking System bug discovered when using the Refactoring Browser

7. Extracting hyphenated words using sed/awk

8. Using extracted text to create a new filename

9. extracting top 100 data using awk or sed/perl

10. extracting a pattern using RE

11. Problem extracting array-indexed form data (using HTTP_POST_VARS)

12. Extracting search criteria using re