VA 3.0b - Runtime problems
Author Message
 VA 3.0b - Runtime problems

I am currently running Visualage v3.0b.

I am using CwMessagePrompter or just the prompter parts from the palatte
to display some message or request input from the user.

When the system is configured on a new machine for runtime,  the OK and
Cancel buttons, turn in some "Missing Mxce16" and any walkback in the
runtime environment will result in similiar message.

Please advise on what am I not doing correctly.  I might be missing
files when the image is deployed to other machines.  How do I check on
what files are required when deploying the image.

Thanks,

Rikin Patel

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VA 3.0b - Runtime problems

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997 10:05:54 -0700, Rikin Patel

Quote:

>I am currently running Visualage v3.0b.

>I am using CwMessagePrompter or just the prompter parts from the palatte
>to display some message or request input from the user.

>When the system is configured on a new machine for runtime,  the OK and
>Cancel buttons, turn in some "Missing Mxce16" and any walkback in the
>runtime environment will result in similiar message.

>Please advise on what am I not doing correctly.  I might be missing
>files when the image is deployed to other machines.  How do I check on
>what files are required when deploying the image.

>Thanks,

>Rikin Patel

The error normally has the complete form of 'Missing Mxce16 in XXXX'.
The XXXX is a .cat file. In V 3.0 you will find them in the \messages
file.  Find the culprit and transfer it to the root directory of the
runtime app and the problem should clear.

regards

www.lamplight.co.uk
lamplight.terabit.net/chitchat
Lamplight Software - An IBM Object Connection member

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. IBM VA runtime splash screen problem - please help

2. VAST V3.0b Runtime Error

3. VA: Problem with ODBC Text driver for VA 3.0

4. Any Problems Porting VA 2.0 code to VA 3.0

5. VA[NT4]: Cannot load font cursor in runtime

6. VA - Runtime Debugger

7. (VA)how to build a runtime with an OCX

8. VA Runtime error: MISSING 10 in krn

9. VA 3.0a - ESVM30.DLL sporadic abend in runtime

10. Bizarre incident VA, Runtime

11. How to reduce the runtime image of an Application in VA 4.02

12. VA3.0b - NT-3.11 DLL choice problem