Problem - Adding a List Box to a dialog Shell
Author Message
 Problem - Adding a List Box to a dialog Shell

Hi

I try to add a ListBox (for example name: myList) from a resource browser to
example dialog shell like: a PersonalAccountTransactionDialog (from applic
ation Personal Money), and next,
in method "model:" i would like to write a line:

mylistPresenter model: (anAspectBuffer mylist).

now mylistPresenter is connected to the object List  in my model (like in
method "model:" at PersonalMoneyShell class)
when i try to show this shell, the message box inform me that AspectBuffer
doesn't understand #mylist
why it is workig in PersonalMoneyShell class but in Dialog shell like Pers
onalAccountTransactionDialog no ?

Thanks
bpaul

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:18:56 GMT
 Problem - Adding a List Box to a dialog Shell

Quote:
> I try to add a ListBox (for example name: myList) from a resource browser
> example dialog shell like: a PersonalAccountTransactionDialog (from applic
> ation Personal Money), and next,
> in method "model:" i would like to write a line:

> mylistPresenter model: (anAspectBuffer mylist).

> now mylistPresenter is connected to the object List  in my model (like in
> method "model:" at PersonalMoneyShell class)
> when i try to show this shell, the message box inform me that AspectBuffer
> doesn't understand #mylist
> why it is workig in PersonalMoneyShell class but in Dialog shell like Pers
> onalAccountTransactionDialog no ?

The problem is occurring because of Dialog's buffering mechanism.  Note that
the argument to #model: is an AspectBuffer, not the object you created in
#defaultModel or provided to #showModalOn:.  You can send #subject to the
buffer to get the model, and then #mylist will work, but that's going to
cause confusion if the user edits things and then cancels.

I have long used a NonBufferedDialog that deliberately disables buffering,
but I have to do my own buffering and apply changes when appropriate, which
can be non-trivial at times.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:33:13 GMT

1. problems with dialog box - list boxes

2. Problem adding two list boxes on one browse

3. how do i add a dropdown pick list in a form list box

4. LIST BOX AND DROP DOWN LIST BOX

5. Please Help: Adding Edit-in-Place checkbox to a List Box

6. Add, Change Records on the List Box ?

7. CW2003 - Adding to a list box

8. Problem using the File Dialog Box in a Client/Server application

9. VO - Modless Dialog Box Problem

10. Dialog box problem in a while loop

11. vx-rexx and file open dialog box problem

12. DVF problem : graphics & Dialog boxes