Calling Windows API functions
Author Message
 Calling Windows API functions

Anyone have any experience making Windows API calls in Smalltalk/V? I can
successfully make calls that send parameters, even C structs, but I now need
to make a call that receives two different C pointers and the value returned
from the C function. The C function declaration I'm working with is:

        BOOL FAR Pascal GetFormula
                        (short          printJob,
                         HANDLE FAR     *textHandle,
                         short FAR      *textLength);

I assume I need to include WinAddress copyToNonSmalltalkMemory somehow in
the message to my api method to get the address of the pointer and then
get the actual data from that address. Any clues?

Carol Thomson
Duke University Medical Center

Sun, 24 Mar 1996 03:46:09 GMT

1. Calling Windows API functions involving windows?

2. some clear examples for FFI call to a Windows api function in Franz Allegro for Windows

3. Calling Win32 API functions with GNAT 3.09 on Windows 95

4. How to call a Windows API function from a TCL script

5. VC++ calling fortran function and fortran function calling a c++ function

6. Api calls Where I can found C function prototypes

7. Calling all WinAPI Gurus: Help me make a list of Useful API functions for CW programmers

8. Function or API call to signal end of print job to Win XP

9. Calling Win32 API Functions

10. Calling API Functions from Harlequin Dylan

11. Call to a 16-bit API function?

12. Win32: Calling API Function via Inline Assembly