HELP: VW 2.5 Mac -> WinNT Port
Author Message
 HELP: VW 2.5 Mac -> WinNT Port

I'm attempting to port a VW 2.5 application from the Mac to Windows NT and
have some small problems with the GUI.

Specifically, the input fields are not large enough for the contained text
and other text fields are no longer aliged properly with the input fields.
The font being used in all cases is the system default (System) font.

Is there an easy way to have the GUIs agreeing under both Windows and the
Macintosh? Perhaps someone can shed some light on why the text and widgets
differ slightly in the first place -- shouldn't pixel values remain constant
from platform to platform?

Thanks,
Calvin

Calvin Wang                                     I set the wheels in motion
Network Operations Support Systems              Turn up all the machines
MPR Teltech Ltd                                 Activate the programs
Burnaby, BC                                     and run behind the scenes.
(604) 473-5805    Fax: (604) 293-5787                   - Neil Peart, Rush

Wed, 23 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: VW 2.5 Mac -> WinNT Port

Hi Calvin
This a what comes to my mind at this hour:

1- Check the Windows and Mac screen resolution and compare them.
2- Select the canvas size in the VisualWorks-Settings-Canvas to fit both
 screens.
3- You may want to keep the Mac Look under windows nt.
   To do so change the UILook property in VisualWorks-Setting-UILook to
 Macintosh
instead of Auto-Select.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
Eli.

Quote:

Date: 07/09/96
Time: 18:42:35

This message was sent by Chameleon
-------------------------------------

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. VW 2.5 on MAC

2. VW 2.5 and the Mac PowerPC

3. Sybase, VW 2.5, and Mac

4. PC Serial Port from VW 2.5

5. Help: VW Smalltalk 2.5

6. VW 2.5 startup screen HELP

7. HELP (VW 2.5): Windows version

8. Need VW 2.5 Help

9. Visual Eiffel 2.5 not producing valid ANSI dos codes under WinNT

10. Stone Age text editing in VW 2.5

11. Sound in VW 2.5

12. VW 2.5 Rubberbanding, howto?