help me!!
Author Message
 help me!!

Hello All:

I have a Smalltalk program that  initiate contact to Excel with using
DDE.Does anyone know the proper syntax to send a
command to Excel to execute a macro with parameters
using DDE? I have found the proper syntax to send to Excel to execute a
preconfigured macro without parameters
ddeExecute: '[RUN("Macro1")]'.
but I have not found the proper syntax to send to Excel to execute a
preconfigured macro with parameters (this macro renames a excel's
sheet).

Sub Macro1(ByVal parameter As String)
'
' Macro1 Macro
'

'
    Sheets("pluto").Select
    Sheets("pluto").Name = parameter

End Sub

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Regards

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:15:33 GMT
 help me!!

Quote:
> Hello All:

> I have a smalltalk program that  initiate contact to Excel with using
> DDE.Does anyone know the proper syntax to send a
> command to Excel to execute a macro with parameters
> using DDE?

For curiosity sake I did a Google ( http://www.google.com )  search and
found:
http://www.mediacy.com/tech/ipuml/ipu1999.q2/0030.html

It looks like you might try:

'[Run("Macro1", "NewNameArgument")]'

BTW it seems that DDE is now a bit of a legacy technology, and the current
thinking seems to be to use ActiveX instead.  I use ActiveX in Dolphin
Smalltalk with Excel, and it works quite well.  I have access to just about
anything I wound in Excel VBA code.

Good luck,

Chris

Wed, 20 Oct 2004 07:58:46 GMT

1. help! f90.help help help help

3. HELP HELP HELP HELP

4. HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. help help help help!!!!!!!!!!!

7. (HELP (HELP (HELP (HELP))))

8. HELP: HELP: HELP: HELP: Online-manual on Expect

9. Help Help Help

10. TopSpeed - ODBC 3.1???? HELP HELP HELP

11. HELP - HELP - HELP

12. HELP HELP HELP - round function error