How to backup ? (Oracle8i)
Author Message
 How to backup ? (Oracle8i)

 Hi
I know this may sound like a silly question, and I am not going to be
surprised if it really is... :)
I was wondering if someone here is using StORE regularly on Oracle. I am
running Oracle8i Personal Edition and I am looking for a way to backup my
StORE database without having to run Oracle Management Server. How do I do
that ? :) And how do I restore that backup in a clean database after that ?
Another question is How would I approach transferring my Oracle StORE
database to PostgreSQL ? Any strategies to do that kind of thing ?

Thanx a lot for any feedback

-Boris
P.S. Could you please CC any replies to "popov at bigserver dot com" since
my local news server is being really weird these days and I have no access
to that German free site at the moment.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:11:03 GMT
 How to backup ? (Oracle8i)
Boris,

While I don't have any specific StORE experience (my group in Cincom is
using something called TeamWorks -- it came with a couple of our engineers
and we haven't had a chance to convert) I do know that there are batch
import and export commands for Oracle. Look into "exp80" and "imp80" to see
if they get the job done for you. All you need to know is the StORE user
name and you can back up all tables with exp80 passing it commands in a text
file.

Hope this helps,

Troy.

Quote:
> Hi
> I know this may sound like a silly question, and I am not going to be
> surprised if it really is... :)
> I was wondering if someone here is using StORE regularly on Oracle. I am
> running Oracle8i Personal Edition and I am looking for a way to backup my
> StORE database without having to run Oracle Management Server. How do I do
> that ? :) And how do I restore that backup in a clean database after that ?
> Another question is How would I approach transferring my Oracle StORE
> database to PostgreSQL ? Any strategies to do that kind of thing ?

> Thanx a lot for any feedback

> -Boris
> P.S. Could you please CC any replies to "popov at bigserver dot com" since
> my local news server is being really weird these days and I have no access
> to that German free site at the moment.

Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:44:01 GMT

1. Can't connect to Oracle8i database under Win98

2. Problems with Oracle8i

3. C55+ODBC+Oracle8i : Error after adding new column in Table

4. PHP and Oracle8i config prob Windows 98

5. Connecting Oracle8i to Python

6. Backups

7. Precautions reqd for System-Volume Backup

8. DFDSS Backup File Structure

9. deleting a backup

10. Creating Backup Report

11. Backup of server in VA3.0 team