Help: Printing in VSE 3.1.2
Author Message
 Help: Printing in VSE 3.1.2

Situation:  porting code from VSE3.1.2 OS/2 to VSE3.1.2 Win32
Problem:   printing

I need some help in finding out what is different about
printing in the OS/w implementation vs the Win32
implementation.

* In the OS/2 image:

there is an instance method
   Printer>>devEscape:inputData:

   the first argument passed is 'DevescRawData',
   as defined in pool 'OperatingSystemConstants'.
   and the second is the string to be printed.

   Lines and escape sequences are printing successfully.

* In the Win32 image

the same instance method does not exist, but
there is an apparent analogy
   Printer>>escape:inputData

  the arguments passed in are the same,
  as the constant is defined in 'OperatingSystemConstants'.

   This is not printing successfully!
   I am getting an error "The data area passed to a system call
   is too small (OS error 16r7a)"

   I am setting up the printer as documented in the Language
   Reference,  and anyway I am successfully printing in OS/2.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Richard

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Problems with printing bitmaps within VSE/NT

2. Problems with printing bitmaps within VSE/NT

3. VSE 3.1 Screen Print Problems

4. Printing panes in VSE

5. VSE 3.1 Win95/98 printing

6. VSE Porting Tool Project - Looking for VSE customer contacts for porting study

7. VSE - Join the VSE mailing list!

8. Problems with migration VSE for OS/2 to VSE for Windows NT

9. VSE: Interest in REXX-Binding for VSE-OS2 ?

10. LE/VSE COBOL and DFSORT/VSE's Year2000 Features

11. LE/VSE COBOL and DFSORT/VSE's Year 2000 Features

12. VSE to SE to VSE port