List scrolling
Author Message
 List scrolling

Quote:

> Given an input field and a list widget. As u type in the input field,
> the
> list should scroll accordingly based on the value of the input field.
> Also
> the "selectionIndex" of the list always set to 1. I'm trying to
> emulate
> the "Help" search of MS Word.

> I could achieve it the other way by setting the "selection" variable
> of
> the list to the value of the input field. In this case the "selection"

> goes to the correct entry in the list. But the problem is the
> "selectionIndex" is not 1.

> Could anyone address this problem.

> Thanx in advance.

Mahesh:

I'm not sure I follow but if you mean that you want the currently
selected item to appear at the top of the list, you can do this with
#setItem: or #setPos:, which make the passed item or integer position
the first in the list.
Note: If you set the selected item on a VisualAge part (like
AbtListView), it should make that the top item automatically. Hope this
helps.

Mike Silverstein, Lead Architect        voice: (919) 363-3946
SilverMark, Inc.                          fax: (919) 362-0772

Raleigh, NC                         http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 List scrolling

Given an input field and a list widget. As u type in the input field, the
list should scroll accordingly based on the value of the input field. Also
the "selectionIndex" of the list always set to 1. I'm trying to emulate
the "Help" search of MS Word.

I could achieve it the other way by setting the "selection" variable of
the list to the value of the input field. In this case the "selection"
goes to the correct entry in the list. But the problem is the
"selectionIndex" is not 1.

Could anyone address this problem.

Thanx in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Browse list scroll problem

2. C5 and List Scroll Bars

3. Selection List Scrolling

4. Read-Only List Box with active Scrolling.

5. Intellimouse wheel does not scroll list boxes ?

6. Manually Scrolling a list box

7. Scroll Bars on List Box

8. Scrolling of self populated List

9. Scroll to top of list

10. CW 2.003 Multi-Line List Box won't scroll

11. List-View VW 1.0 horizontally scrolling

12. Drag&Drop with automatic scroll when reaching the edge of list