Text editor that saves emphases?
Author Message
 Text editor that saves emphases?

ParagraphEditor can handle text with emphases (bold, italic, etc). But I
know no system of saving the text with emphases into files. Is there a
document processor type application in VW?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh
askoh.com

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 04:25:06 GMT
 Text editor that saves emphases?

Quote:
> ParagraphEditor can handle text with emphases (bold, italic, etc). But I
> know no system of saving the text with emphases into files. Is there a
> document processor type application in VW?

> Thanks,
> Aik-Siong Koh
> askoh.com

You can save the text object with #storeOn:.  That will
preserve the emphasis.

--
Terry
Terry Raymond       Smalltalk Professional Debug Package

http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 09:13:10 GMT
 Text editor that saves emphases?
You can also store it with BOSS. I believe that the new Workspace does that so
you can probably borrow the code for saving and reading it from there.

Ivan

Quote:

> > ParagraphEditor can handle text with emphases (bold, italic, etc). But I
> > know no system of saving the text with emphases into files. Is there a
> > document processor type application in VW?

> > Thanks,
> > Aik-Siong Koh
> > askoh.com

> You can save the text object with #storeOn:.  That will
> preserve the emphasis.

> --
> Terry
> Terry Raymond       Smalltalk Professional Debug Package
> Crafted Smalltalk   *Breakpoints* and *Watchpoints* for
> 80 Lazywood Ln.                  VW and ENVY/Developer
> Tiverton, RI  02878

> http://www.craftedsmalltalk.com

Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:06:17 GMT
 Text editor that saves emphases?

Quote:

> ParagraphEditor can handle text with emphases (bold, italic, etc). But I
> know no system of saving the text with emphases into files. Is there a
> document processor type application in VW?

The WarpSpace utility (a workspace browser) available on the VW Freebies
page (see URL below) can save emphasized text.  If you choose to use it for
this purpose, I recommend also loading the "Arbor GUI Extensions" parcel,
which gives you more support for colors and provides an emphasis editor.

Thomas Burns

VisualWorks Freebies are available at http://smalltalk.iwarp.com

Sun, 18 Apr 2004 04:09:32 GMT

1. Compatible text editor for UNIX vi editor

2. Newbie - Saving text from text window

3. How to save text in a text widget?

4. How to save new text in text box

5. Text widgets as basic text editors?

6. Text editor with slightly fancy text abilities

7. PythonWin: can editor/view settings be saved?

8. Open and Save Styled Text

9. Saving Styled text to Binary File

10. ?-Save selected Record as text file.

11. How to save Object Instances in text File ?

12. Saving a Field to a Text File