Writing gif files from smalltalk
Author Message
 Writing gif files from smalltalk

I'm almost a total novice when it comes to Smalltalk programming so
I'd like to run the situation by people who've been involved in
this work a lot longer than I have.

Goal: Produce gif files as output from a Smalltalk program.

Option 1:  Find an existing PD routine in smalltalk that writes gif files.
           Any suggestions?   Send me the code??
Option 2:  Get some great hints on how to modify the ST program we have
           that *reads* gif files.
Option 3:  Suggest where I can get a PD filter that converts postscript
           files to gif.  We have a routine that writes postscript files.
Option 4:  Any other ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, does anybody have a description of the gif format that they could
send me?

<as you can see I am lacking a few things at the moment to do this job!>

Thanks!

- Doug Schuler
  Boeing Computer Services

Mon, 21 Jul 1997 08:07:35 GMT

1. Help with writing GIF files

2. Writing GIF files from Windows 3.1

3. How to read and write gif image files

4. write GIF file error

5. write file.gif from canvas

6. SmallTalk Express - error writing file buffers

7. WANTED: FORTRAN ROUTINE TO COVERT RAW FILES INTO GIF FILES

8. Postscript file to a GIF file

9. GIF Reading and Writing utility

10. JPEG or GIF Read and Write

11. GIF viewer written in asm