Input Field Mask
Author Message
 Input Field Mask

I am working on a Smalltalk development effort using VW. The customers
would like to have input masks appear when the window opens, meaning
that a phone number input field would be "(   )   -    ", before the
user enters anything into it.  I would really like to be able to do this
without setting the initial value to (   )   -    .  The ideal solution
would be for the data to fill in the mask as the user types also.

The users just don't seem to like trying to guess at the format, and
then having it magically show up when they tab out of the field.

This does not seem like an unusual request from the users, so has any
one done anything like this before?  And if so, could you give me a
jumpstart on an approach?

-Mike Roise

Wed, 25 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. VW2 Input Field Masking/Filtering

2. Masking input for Password field in CA-Dbfast

3. >Masking input for Password field in CA-dBFast

4. WBPro input field widgets and edit masks?

5. Masking video display of users input

6. Descriptive Input Mask or File?

7. Input mask

8. Question: Edit Masks for entry fields

9. field mask

10. input field problem on foreign machines

11. Input field does not seem to work in foreign versions of Windows

12. Input from several fields in several files